Polaris 850 XP

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
1400 km and just doing brakes now,,Has been great

BigRed800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Only have 11 hrs on my 09 one problem was the shocks were to weak so i put heavier ones on the rear i think i should have put on 28s but the 27s are ok

smkngstv

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i just got back from big horn dam spent 5 day on my 2010 xp and loved it,i installed 30 inch zillas,playing around in a skag hole in 4x and it ripped a griz and brute force in our group both got stuck had ken my friend on the gizz that is big bored try my xp he ripped in 4 wheel and decided to try the hole in 2 wheel and absolutely torn though the deep mud.....he got off and said he is getting new 30 inch zillas lol....so happy with the 850 ,only issue i had was on saturday night on our way back to camp i put a rock though the rim :)

hadster

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Recently sold my '09 850, loved it but did have some problems in the 2100 km i put on it. Belt exploded playing in a small amount of snow in high range (yes should have been in low range, however ALL the other machines i have had would easily do the same with no problems).
Also the power steering failed 1 week after the warranty expired, $2200.00 to fix (i have heard of many other XP's with power steering problems as well).
Also the torque limiting slip thing inside the transmission is a real pain in the ass.
I found going down steep hills in 4x4 with active decent engaged it would make the rear tires slip & slide almost like a 2 wheel drive would, sometimes that would almost make you loss control (not noticed this with any other brand machine).
It does have great power and very smooth, but my new 800R Outlander MAX is lighter and has more power.
All in all the XP Polaris is a very nice machine and i'm sure you'll love it, they ride great and steer nicely.

Top Bottom