Polaris 800 Pro Yea's or Nea's

Reaction score
Anybody have a list of Pro's and Con's on the new Polaris 800 Pro looks like a cool sled dose it work as well as they say have a chance to get on but not sure of the first year thing, any advice

Slammer85

Reaction score
A friend of mine owns a Polaris dealership and he took his up to the hills and he said that he wasn't overly impressed with it. He said he thought it would be alot better being 40 lbs lighter than his 10 dragon. He said it felt front end heavy and that it had alot of ski presure. He noticed that they have no adjustment on the limiter straps so he drilled his own holes and made the adjustments himself. He's back in the hills this weekend to try it out again and see if doing this helps at all. Another thing is the trail up was fairly bare and from spitting up little pebbles on the trail it made little dents in the tunnel from the inside out... I'm guessing it's from them using pop can material on it. Don't get me wrong I think this chassis looks awesome but!!!...it's still an unproven engine that's under powered to the rest and until Polaris can prove that it works for a couple years I'll be staying away from them.

bayman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A guy in our group had his out for the first time last weekend and I had the chance to try it out. The first thought was that it was too easy to flop over, but coming off an XP that's probably normal. Found it easier to lay over than the 2010 M8 in the bunch. Wasn't all that impressed with the power, but it was still in break in mode so the owner said. He got the 163" and it climbed fairly well in 3' of fresh in Revy last weekend. With a better rider it would've probably out climbed my 154" with the 2.5 CE,....but it didn't:d

The owner took it fairly easy because it was the first weekend on the sled and himself. Can't really give it a true evaluation but it seems like it will be fairly competent sled. I wouldn't trade my '09 XP for it though.

On a side note, it doesn't take falls off the deck very well. Put it on it's lid coming off the deck in his own yard unloading. Was up to $400 bucks last i heard and he hadn't put a windshield on it yet.:d

Top Bottom