Pipe line conditions?

700modd

Reaction score
Going this Sunday to the pipe line was just wondering if anyone knows the snow conditions down there and if you are able to get up the water fall yet? And get back to wranglers cabin?
Also can you park and ride from the tin shack or yellow gates yet?
Thanks !

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
I have read where they have ridden from the yellow gates and it is pretty skinny. That was a week ago tho'……A lot of rain has fallen at lower elevations and I am not sure where the freezing level was; last Friday it rained all the way to 6000' at the Coal Creek summit. The snow was wet and heavy with lots of stumps, logs, and open creeks.

Maclintock

Reaction score
Lots of open water on Tuesday crossing creeks and drainages. Up high 3 1/2 to 4 1/2 feet probed in rolling hills in trees. Windy like a MOFO so lots of drifting. Snow is very unstable.

700modd

Reaction score
Ok thanks,
didnt it snow a bunch there this week ? And where did you or where are people unloading and riding from?
Is it worth going for a day ride or no?
Thanks

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
didnt it snow a bunch there this week ?

Someone would have posted if it had. Last I heard there was 6" at Corbin. Only one surefire way to find out, load up and go check it out.

Maclintock

Reaction score
Definately not 6 feet. But very good early riding conditions. Watch for Sippy holes in low creek beds, and open water on creeks and drainage runoffs. Supposed to get cold tonight and for a few days, hopefully that will freeze eerything up!!!!!

Top Bottom