Pineapple Express is on it's way..............:rain:

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Environment Canada "Special Weather Statement"...................
Special Weather Statement

Issued at 04:03 Monday 07 December 2015

Summary: Rain is expected Tuesday through Wednesday. This special weather statement is for the next in the series of Pacific low pressure systems approaching British Columbia. This next Pacific frontal system will move into the British Columbia Interior on Tuesday bringing significant amounts of rain to the aforementioned regions. The rain will begin Tuesday morning and will continue through Wednesday. This system could bring rainfall amounts up to 40 mm. Freezing levels around 1000 metres today will rise to 2000 metres Tuesday afternoon and remain there for the duration of the rain event. A 2000 metre freezing level is above all interior mountain passes leading to rain at the summits of every highway passes. The rain will taper off late Wednesday as the system moves into Alberta.

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I like pineapple

Old-Soul

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
:( bring that freezing level down lower so it snows higher

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
best winter ever!!!!! "no snow joe" is working it's magic. don't doubt the power boys embrace it and get with the program. ray says there are thousands of sleds at the auction, the word is getting around. .

all kidding aside, play safe out there. not looking like another good year.

Last edited:

JMCX

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
These things were a plague last year. Too warm and wrecked the snow several times, right to the top.

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lost all the snow in my yard and driveway is bare. Woke up to the sound of pouring rain this morning. :mad:

catrutt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The ski hill looks good this morning 45 cm thisafternoon better than a kick in the head with a hardtoe boot

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
so not trying to be a dink here, but what are the conditions out there Doug? don't sugar coat it either!

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Pine apple and rum conditions equals sore head

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
so not trying to be a dink here, but what are the conditions out there Doug? don't sugar coat it either!

We had a great day! 35 cm of fresh on top of 90 cm of layered, settled snow. The base is great and has been every ride this year.

Slab avalanches were very evident yesterday and I am sure it was due to the layers formed by sun crusts, hoar frost, and in the lower elevations rain crusts. The trees were great but the hazards are still not covered. Also, in the trees, lots of the little trees are a real pain in the butt as they are bent over and not covered. The smaller older cut off trees are also a hinderance.

IMG_3856.jpg

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looks good Doug. See any pineapple

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was having a laugh when I responded Doug. It was great day out there yesterday and awesome start to this season. Lets all have a safe and awesome season
A little touchy this evening Randy??? Seemed like a lot of rain when it was happening. The only question was related to how the snow line would be. Glad you found it.

Top Bottom