Picked up new RZR XP 900

Albertan

Reaction score
I picked up my new RZR XP 900 from Hebert's Motorsports in High Prairie yesterday. Big thanks to Gerry for securing one of the first three to arrive in the province for me from another dealership. I haven't ridden it much yet, other than to move it from the enclosed trailer to my shop at the lake. I'll take some better pictures once it's in the garage at home tomorrow. One things for sure after 5 seconds of seat time...it's not a Rhino. :d Both great in their own way though. Cheers.

catalac

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Very nice, congrats, check out rzr forums lots of info over there.

racerfromhell

Reaction score
AWESOME! Let me know where you ride....so I can avoid you as I dont want to get my azz kicked all day long. LOL nice ride

Last edited:

szprod

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Very nice ride. The side x sides look like they would be so much fun. Congrats

Albertan

Reaction score
Did they say how the front end is going to hold up?

There isn't much concern about the front end that I am aware of. There is some concern how the rear will hold up on the trails with the trailing arms skidding over rocks and logs, and the radius arms getting bent. I have UMHW skids on order for the trailing arms. Upgraded radius rms are already available, but I am going to see howthe stockers hold up. Cheers..

Albertan

Reaction score
Very nice ride. The side x sides look like they would be so much fun. Congrats

Everyone is different. But I can tell you almost everyone I know prefers a SXS over a quad. I have a 2008 Honda Rincon that sits out at the lake with less than 300km on it. Only the kids ride the quads...when Dad takes the Rhino out.

Snowdin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That's a nice looking machine. Are you not going to put a roof on it or do they just not have many accessories out for them yet.

BIG HEAD

Reaction score
Sorry, I ment front dif and gears and 4 wheel engagement. The Polaris is the machine, but I have seen too many front diffs go. Too much money to replace or repair all the time. I have never seen a bullet proof fix either. Have they updated it or changed the design on the 900?
I would like to upgrade from my rhino for performance, but you cant beat its reliability and toughness.

racerfromhell

Reaction score
Well, I ride in northen Alberta around Slave Lake and Grande Prairie. If o ever make your way out here, let me know and we'll go for a trip and swap rides. :beer:

Now I HAVE to find a reason for the wife for us to go that way.......

Albertan

Reaction score
That's a nice looking machine. Are you not going to put a roof on it or do they just not have many accessories out for them yet.
Polaris has around 60 accessories out already, and the aftermarket is just starting to produce products now. I'll put a roof on it for sure...just haven't decided which one yet for sure.

Albertan

Reaction score
Nice new ride Dean

And you didn't even let me know,..

I thought I told you the other day before I went to Halifax. To be honest it was a whirlwind purchase. I just happened to stumble across the XP on the internet and I think I bought it the next morning.

I'm not abandoning the Rhino though. It's up at Maximum Powersports in Peace River having a bunch of work done. I'm going to give it to my son to ride this summer. :)

Albertan

Reaction score
Sorry, I ment front dif and gears and 4 wheel engagement. The Polaris is the machine, but I have seen too many front diffs go. Too much money to replace or repair all the time. I have never seen a bullet proof fix either. Have they updated it or changed the design on the 900?
I would like to upgrade from my rhino for performance, but you cant beat its reliability and toughness.

I'm not sure to be honest. I'm not a huge fan of their system...I'd rather tell the machine when to be in 4X4 mode than let it decide. I'm going to ride it this summer and see how it holds up. If there are problems I will buy the extended warranty after the Sept. long weekend. If it holds up, its getting a turbo this Fall.

I do know its significantly redesigned from the other RZR models, but I don't recall every little detail. They had me at the 88HP ProStar engine. :d

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure to be honest. I'm not a huge fan of their system...I'd rather tell the machine when to be in 4X4 mode than let it decide. I'm going to ride it this summer and see how it holds up. If there are problems I will buy the extended warranty after the Sept. long weekend. If it holds up, its getting a turbo this Fall.

I do know its significantly redesigned from the other RZR models, but I don't recall every little detail. They had me at the 88HP ProStar engine. :d

The front diff is totally new and much stronger , no issues yet...The 4/4 polaris system is probaly the best system out today.....

catalac

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There isn't much concern about the front end that I am aware of. There is some concern how the rear will hold up on the trails with the trailing arms skidding over rocks and logs, and the radius arms getting bent. I have UMHW skids on order for the trailing arms. Upgraded radius rms are already available, but I am going to see howthe stockers hold up. Cheers..

I ordered the racer tech radius rods for mine, fairly expensive but I know they will get bent as is. Andy the owner of RT said they have lots of stuff in the works, diff cover, trailing arms, front ends. There is a pile of stuff in the works for these things. Can't wait for summer.

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So ,whats the verdict ? Fast, how do you like it ....? Andy makes great stuff, pricey but GOOD.......

Top Bottom