Picked a fine time to leave me....

byronkentgraham

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
20K is far out of my budget, lol. Still being a high school student... Money 'aint easy to come by.

I know what you mean. Can't wait to graduate and start making money. This is an expensive hobby to be involved in haha. Even if my budget was unlimited I wouldnt switch over to th can-am

youngpolarisguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Two guys i ride with have brutes and on the weekend and spent most of sat evening fixing one and then the next day spent most the day waiting around cause he was over heating. I like the brute (more than the canam) but they require to much work to be reliable mud machine.

quadboy55

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know what you mean. Can't wait to graduate and start making money. This is an expensive hobby to be involved in haha. Even if my budget was unlimited I wouldnt switch over to th can-am

If a good deal popped up on a 'Gade, it would be tough to pass up.

Right now, if I sell, I'd best be looking at a used Brute or Grizz because they are uber reliable, I ride with 'em all the time, or a used 'Gade. If I got any cash left over... mod it.

quadboy55

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Two guys i ride with have brutes and on the weekend and spent most of sat evening fixing one and then the next day spent most the day waiting around cause he was over heating. I like the brute (more than the canam) but they require to much work to be reliable mud machine.

My buddy's Brute has a rad relocate and I have yet to see it let him down.

I really wish I could say the same for my XP.

youngpolarisguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You know what, we cant seem to kill our big reds or my tri moto, trikes are were its at.

youngpolarisguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I more so cherish the storage box that replaces the rack. Its amazing what i can cram in there.

quadboy55

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I more so cherish the storage box that replaces the rack. Its amazing what i can cram in there.

True enough, I've been eyeballing one of those now too. Though I doubt I'll take the plunge on any aftermarket parts for a while, I doubt I want to keep it much longer.

What never ceases to amaze is the number of times this thing has been in the shop.

My Honda's had been in there...... Never. Except my very first quad, my 350 Fourtrax blew the diff after 5000 km of riding. I didn't expect much of it at the time, it lived a full life.

youngpolarisguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My 850 my dads 550 and our 500 none of which have ever seen a shop or broke something that wasn't cosmetic.

quadboy55

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Don't know man hope you luck changes, I would be pissed off if I was in your shoes to.

Believe me, I am. To the point where I wish I'd have bought something else. I've never in all the quads I've owned, have I ever had a quad this bad.

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Believe me, I am. To the point where I wish I'd have bought something else. I've never in all the quads I've owned, have I ever had a quad this bad.

Well I have 2400 km on mine and now I just broke a cv joint. I think that's good.

KWIK RACING INC.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i have owned 2 polaris's and they both where good machines, nothing out of the ordinary, and believe me the quads where not babyed either... rode quite hard but with experience..

the same with both my can-am's i have owned, no real big problems at all.
very good record on being in the shop. like hardly ever. 6700 km on my 07
and then it got stolen.. ran like a dream. now my 10 Xxc is stronger than ever.

so it depends on your machine, some are lemons and some are not, i guess.

KWIK RACING INC.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You know. I have never seen Jimmy Johnson standing in John Forces pit saying. I bet you wouldn't break so many parts if you had smaller tires...... Just saying

What? does this have to do with what we are talking about..
NHRA, which by the way i have been involved in for 30 years and run
2 vechicles, a s10 and a vette in 1/4 mile...... you have to build those funny
cars with that size tire. can't go smaller for reasons. so the parts to spin them are
bullet proof, so to speak. no need to go smaller...

the quad industry does not have bullet proof diffs and axles and gears and spools and hubs etc.....

and what does jimmy johnson have to do with force racing? johnson is nascar and force is nhra. johnson has nothing to do with force and will probably never stand in forces pits ever.

quadboy55

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well I have 2400 km on mine and now I just broke a cv joint. I think that's good.

Wish I could say the same for mine.

i have owned 2 polaris's and they both where good machines, nothing out of the ordinary, and believe me the quads where not babyed either... rode quite hard but with experience..

the same with both my can-am's i have owned, no real big problems at all.
very good record on being in the shop. like hardly ever. 6700 km on my 07
and then it got stolen.. ran like a dream. now my 10 Xxc is stronger than ever.

so it depends on your machine, some are lemons and some are not, i guess.

I don't know what to think of mine, if its falling apart, time to find a quad that can keep up. :d

tukernater

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
go to u-tube and type in kitimat mud bogs and check out some of those bikes ,there pretty hard on stuff there.

youngpolarisguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Rolled past that earlier this year just did rear brake pads and I think i might order up some tougher tire rods mine are starting to get loose.

Top Bottom