Petro Canada Running Out Of Fuel

HagmanMod1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i buy all my fuel for the petro canada cardlock for my equipment and I havent heard of this problem. maybe its just gasoline all i buy is diesel

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i buy all my fuel for the petro canada cardlock for my equipment and I havent heard of this problem. maybe its just gasoline all i buy is diesel

I think that the cardlocks may be good still most of what i've seen is at the gas stations around the city..

700WFO

Reaction score
Petro-Cans cat cracker went down July 9th and they haven't been producing gasoline since. Most of the BC interior is fed out of the Edmonton refinery. They are able to still produce diesel, but in a few days they are entering their shut down period and everything will be off for 6 -10 weeks. Once they bring up the refinery into production, it will still be a couple weeks for normal production to resume, Christmas is coming too! No conspiracy going on, just piss poor luck and very bad timing for a shut down!

shmole

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
One Step Back (Shut Down).....2 Steps Forward (Increased Productivity = More $$$$). LOL

mb1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There's never really a good time for gas stations to shut down though, is there?

I'm sure the competition would disagree.....lol

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Maybe once they get fuel back at there pumps they'll lower prices to get customers to return.. Start a price war.. That would be nice for a change..

Uturn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
PCan has tried twice to restart the Cat cracker, with no luck. Looks like it could be a very long outage for them.

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
8/26/08

Edmonton's Petro-Canada refinery is again producing gasoline. It stopped production earlier this month after a breakdown in the catalytic cracking unit. It caused gas shortages at stations around Alberta and B.C. Petro-Can can't say when affected stations will be re-stocked.

880 News Edmonton

shmole

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The Calgary Herald, 2008/08/28 (via InfoMart)

Petro-Canada's Edmonton refinery is back in the business of producing gasoline.

The firm's catalytic cracking unit, which produces gasoline, was shut down Aug. 3 after a failure, leaving dozens of stations in Alberta and British Columbia without gas.

The unit was restarted Wednesday, but it will take some time before all service stations have gas to sell.

"The plan is to bring up our inventory. If you drive by a station and see prices listed where the zeroes used to be, then that station has gas," said Petro-Canada spokesman Jon Hamilton.

He said not all stations will necessarily have gasoline by the Labour Day long weekend.

"We still sell diesel, and the convenience stores are open, but the stations ran out of gas at different times, so I can't say when they will all have gas."

Hamilton says Petro-Canada will keep the 40 extra trucks it added to bring gasoline from Vancouver to central B.C. and parts of Alberta, an expensive proposition.

Hamilton says engineers are still studying the reasons behind the unit's failure.

Petro-Canada had 120 staff and consultants working around the clock to fix the cat cracker.

Top Bottom