Petro Can gas

RUDY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Heading to Blue River this weekend,I like to run 91 Shell in the 012 Assault,only thing is Blue only has a Petro Can..Was wondering is anyone uses 91 from Petro and if they had an issue with it,because I hear sometimes the sled will act up with.

Wilk INStheWEST

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure all Petro fuel may contain ethanol. You may want to switch over your resistor to the ethanol setting just to be on the safe side. I ran Petro fuel in my 12 Pro on the ethanol setting with no problems.

glassman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I bought premium from Blue River Petro Can last year and DETonated a few times. Had to dump some race in to get the thing to run properly. Just a little advice, if you are unsure what type of fuel you are buying, pack a little race with you and you never have to worry, or bring your own gas. I run about 4-5 L with each tank.

High Velocity

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I bought premium from Blue River Petro Can last year and DETonated a few times. Had to dump some race in to get the thing to run properly. Just a little advice, if you are unsure what type of fuel you are buying, pack a little race with you and you never have to worry, or bring your own gas. I run about 4-5 L with each tank.

X2 on this. The PC premium sucks especially if you have any engine mods that increase compression at all. glassman and I had a terrible ride in Blue last season. PAR 13.1:1 heads on both sleds. Bouncing off the det sensor and falling on their face all day. Now when we buy fuel in Blue, we add about 4 liters of 112 and sleds run awesome.

Sent from my iPad when I should be sledding.

MarkCos

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a 2011 assault and I ran pc from
day one until around 250 miles and then all the hiccup and bog
bull ch!t started
the dealer told me to only run shell gold and switch the resistor after I took it in
it sort of fixed it , but I still some times have a fowled plug feeling sometimes when I first start out and then it go's away
for the rest of the day, now I bring all my shell gold gas for the weekend with me

what I can't figure out is the pc was totally fine in the beginning and now it won't run worth ch!t on it ?
what happened or wor out
lol

ronmexico

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I noticed in Hinton Petr-Canada has a new 94 octane blend. I have never seen this at any station except Hintons. Thinking maybe they put it in there for toys. Anyone have any info on the ethanol content?

Wilk INStheWEST

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've seen the Ultra 94 at some stations in Calgary as well. I think it is still blended with up to 10% ethanol though.

MarkCos

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's all alcohol the 94 ,and evaporates away when u open the Jerry can or tank
lol
not real dinosaur bones like shell gold

Wilk INStheWEST

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's all alcohol the 94 ,and evaporates away when u open the Jerry can or tank
lol
not real dinosaur bones like shell gold
Does that mean I should be bringing Petro Can Ultra 94 with me to BC as well to mix with some Coke Zero? Way cheaper than buying beer there.

OLE 11

Reaction score
You mean you have to Run premium in a sled? Whats Purple rated for? LOL! Got 2000 miles to the bar on Regular fuel! I guess my M1000 might have a demon under the hood!

MarkCos

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
One of my buddy's has a m7 and always callz me a pain in the azz cuz I need the shell gold
lol

Goondocker97

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I noticed in Hinton Petr-Canada has a new 94 octane blend. I have never seen this at any station except Hintons. Thinking maybe they put it in there for toys. Anyone have any info on the ethanol content?
I always fill up in hinton with the 94 and the sleds run great not sure on ethanol content though

High Velocity

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
All sleds,quads,generators etc should be ran with premium fuel from someone like shell. Just to avoid the ethanol imo

Not true at all. If the manufacturer of the engine recommends regular, then that is what you should run. If said engine requires 87-89 octane, you are sacrificing hp by running a higher octane fuel. I run regular fuel in my chainsaw, power auger, generator and quad. No issues at all

Sent from my iPad when I should be sledding.

Wilk INStheWEST

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I always fill up in hinton with the 94 and the sleds run great not sure on ethanol content though
Dude, different engine. I have no idea how the ETEC handles ethanol, but the Cleanfire 800 requires a different resistor installed for fuel with up to 10% ethanol, vs 91 octane without ethanol. The engine runs better on 91 octane without ethanol, because of the different resistor.

fyi - I don't recommend this post, accidental click.

Fatdaddy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Funny you mention this, I had the same issues on 2 seperate trips with my stock pc800 just a can. I think you're paying for premium but getting 87 octane, just my theory, odd it never det sensored riding any other sled areas.

Top Bottom