Peterbilt DEF delete..?

Merc63

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Can anyone recommend a shop in Edmonton to delete a 2016 Peterbilt 348 with an ISL/paccar 9L??

I’m getting codes and issues with the def tank heater lines. Thought I had it fixed, but they’re back now.

SHREK1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Try Dave’s diesel in acheson or MD truck repair as well in Acheson both are top notch shops

Zrock

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just be careful where you go once your deleted... Ontairo if you get caught your truck is off the road no matter where you live... Other province's are starting to follow suite...

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Give the dealer a call first, some of the Cummins engines are so backordered on parts that there is a "factory delete" for the DEF system to keep these trucks on the road.

freeflorider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Also check there might be warranty repairs under the admission act Even for an older truck, some cases 10 yrs I’m hearing.

Merc63

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hmmm all great points. I thought I had this damn thing fixed. It popped a heater line 1 code, the connector to the wire was dirty, we took it off cleaned and put nolex inside connector, ran the truck for an hour or more, no more code, then lastnight it popped again, driver kept going for a bit, then stop engine and limp mode, took it back to the yard.

I’ll go scan it today see what it says and call Cummins.

S.W.A.T.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hmmm all great points. I thought I had this damn thing fixed. It popped a heater line 1 code, the connector to the wire was dirty, we took it off cleaned and put nolex inside connector, ran the truck for an hour or more, no more code, then lastnight it popped again, driver kept going for a bit, then stop engine and limp mode, took it back to the yard.

I’ll go scan it today see what it says and call Cummins.
Pm sent

ducati

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
As said before keep in mind that there are jurisdictions that won’t allow diesels with deletes. The US is particularly bad. My Dad had a deleted Kenworth and blew a turbo in North Dakota, no dealer would even look at the truck because of the deletes and he had to tow it 80 miles to a small town mechanic that would look at it. This caused a massive delay in his trip to Texas and we had to get another truck down to him to haul the horses while the Kenworth sat to get repairs for nearly 2 weeks.

Top Bottom