people cant really be this stupid still can they??

buckie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree 100 percent. Having the gear is the first step. Proper training and practice is a must do.
For sure practice and knowledge is key when it comes to using the gear and knowin the terrain, I did my damdest to convince him to take an avy course hopefully he goes forward with it

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yah i was invited on a trip one time. i asked the person that invited me if they were renting avy gear they said nope dont need it, doubt we are going anywhere crazy. Well i didnt go but i guess the guy that planned the trip made them all rent avy stuff anyways. the guy that invited me was a little chocked sounding when he told me about the rentals and stated that " they didnt even need it"..................well sh*t i never needed my avy gear either! its great never having my self or my friends lives lost or almost lost. I never needed my life insurance or house insurance yet either!

If someone is RENTING avy gear i am not going to have much faith in there ability to dig me out any ways.... Beers at the cabin?? sounds good...lol

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If someone is RENTING avy gear i am not going to have much faith in there ability to dig me out any ways.... Beers at the cabin?? sounds good...lol
Sometimes it's safer for guys to just have beers at the cabin when they have no business leaving the parking lot.

buckie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sometimes it's safer for guys to just have beers at the cabin when they have no business leaving the parking lot.
Maaaaaan I got the sweet new 174 t3 ive never ridden before but im gonna climb every sweet chute out there without training or gear to show how cool I am to all my buddies........you mean guys like that?

SUMMIT TREE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So standing in line at turple bros waiting to buy a new muffpot, started bsing with a guy buyin a ton of gear for his first time in the mountains, he was askin what was good/bad and what all he needed so I told him the basic list ie beacon/prove/shovel/good pack and good warm gear ect ect, just as we are discussing avy stuff and the ast course some flat brimmed douche chimes in and says " you dont need any of that useless crap fawk I ride revy every other weekend and have never needed any of it" blah blah blah all I could say is if you dont wanna wear your gear no problem your not worth diggin out anyways, and beleive me when your under 5ft of snow youll be happy you and your friends have it, I was and its the only reason im here today, it just amazes me that there are still people on the mountain who dont wear the gear, get your ****e together yikes
Good ol' Darwinism should take care of douche bags like that! Outta curiosity what word is "****e" ? Lol

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Do you tuck your one ear inside the hat as well? Because that takes it to a whole new level. lol

one ear? wow...... wtf. Nope..... i cant even understand the 2 ears thing......like how fawking uncomfortable would that be!

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I blame slednecks vids. Crossing over a bunch of punk dirt bikers from a free for all sport to a family and friends sport that requires experience not balls to succeed and become good. Search and rescue in Revy is always looking for retards who are lost cause they pushed to far in bad weather. I worry about the long term effects to are sport

Russell P

Reaction score
I blame slednecks vids. Crossing over a bunch of punk dirt bikers from a free for all sport to a family and friends sport that requires experience not balls to succeed and become good. Search and rescue in Revy is always looking for retards who are lost cause they pushed to far in bad weather. I worry about the long term effects to are sport

i have to agree. The latest sledneck vid has a lot of idiotic shots in it. Is it just me or did anyone else think KJ's bit was retarded. I mean, he's one of the best riders they have and hey video him jackassing around in a Viking helmet? Guess he was as least wearing a helmet. LOL.

Next, what does shooting shotguns and rifles have to do with our sport. Don't get me wrong, I love my guns but it has nothing to do snowmobiling.

Last, is it just me or did that one kid look like he was stoned every time they had a camera on him?

Shadam

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
all the ratbaggers agreed the sledneck vid was off point and full of filler that apeals to non sledders ...

perhaps that was the plan all along ...

turple brothers does have a large and interesting customer base ...

man do they turn over some product ... good on them ...

Summitdoorule

Reaction score
Yup... TTT... The unfortunate thing is when someone who doesn't know what they are dooin in the Back country... I hope it doesn't come back to bite us in the Assz if a situation arises???

Top Bottom