Pdi, freight, doc fees.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm gonna go out on a limb here and guess but I'm thinking you can do a Polaris quicker? You don't have to take the hood module off on Polaris I'm betting? Doos are a PITA.

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you know the game than I dont know why your questioning it.

I guess it Depends on a few things, the model of the sled, the sled builder, and it also depends on the accs the customer wants added.
Would you put a hood back on to finish the PDI, than take it back off to install a customers accs that they wanted? Some accs are done during the PDI to be more efficient.

Acc are charged at a extra cost to customer for install so not a PDI item .
Some dealers will include small items I am sure .

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My dealers knew better than to try to charge me any of those fees. I always paid cost on my sleds. And not dealer cost, or even cost of making the sled, but actual cost of the raw materials that were in my sled.

You just have to establish yourself as a VIP and your dealers aren't going to screw you around by trying to make a profit.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My dealers knew better than to try to charge me any of those fees. I always paid cost on my sleds. And not dealer cost, or even cost of making the sled, but actual cost of the raw materials that were in my sled.

You just have to establish yourself as a VIP and your dealers aren't going to screw you around by trying to make a profit.
Lmao!:wtg:

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

You should be a VIP. You have owned more sleds in the last 5 years than I have in the last 20. Lol

Rhodesie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm gonna go out on a limb here and guess but I'm thinking you can do a Polaris quicker? You don't have to take the hood module off on Polaris I'm betting? Doos are a PITA.
side panels and hood on an axys are off in a matter of seconds.

Last edited:

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
$12k to get a semi load of sleds delivered, ouchy.

Do platinum dealers get better rates on freight?
No none that I'm aware of. Platinum dealers get better terms on floor planning, labor warranty rate, parts shipping, and parts return off the top of my head.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I bought my last 4 wheel drive tractor through Scotiabank. They wanted to charge me $1000 just for bank loan doc fees. I refused to pay. I told them they were screwing me. The bank loans officer asked me what I figured I should pay. I said $200 tops. She said she couldn't do that. I told her I was taking my business to TD. She made a call and voila! $200 is a done deal.

Cat401

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I never understood the logic of a doc fee if you are not financing through the dealer....if you're writing a cheque, no fees should be charged to write up an invoice.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I never understood the logic of a doc fee if you are not financing through the dealer....if you're writing a cheque, no fees should be charged to write up an invoice.
Yes its just a money grab. When I sold sleds I always quoted price plus gst. Any PDI and freight were included in the price. I had the old dealer owner of a Calgary store tell me I needed to quote price then add PDI and freight when the customer is sitting across from me at time of delivery. I told him that was sketchy. He said hey 50% of people will just pay it, 25% will complain and then pay it and the last 25% would refuse to pay it so he would just throw it in then. I told him good luck with his business model but I wasn't interested arguing with customers the day they picked up their sled. Needless to say we sold 3-1 units to them and lived in a small town.

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
West lock power sports once charge me a $200 doc fee on a used skid steer attachment of the owners.

I didn't notice the doc fee till I got to my truck.

Went back in and they told me the sale was final.

Just about went full kill dozer.

Never spend another dollar there.
Scum.

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes its just a money grab. When I sold sleds I always quoted price plus gst. Any PDI and freight were included in the price. I had the old dealer owner of a Calgary store tell me I needed to quote price then add PDI and freight when the customer is sitting across from me at time of delivery. I told him that was sketchy. He said hey 50% of people will just pay it, 25% will complain and then pay it and the last 25% would refuse to pay it so he would just throw it in then. I told him good luck with his business model but I wasn't interested arguing with customers the day they picked up their sled. Needless to say we sold 3-1 units to them and lived in a small town.
I will literally drive to Vancouver island just cause I hate seeing extra charges on the bill of sale.

Top Bottom