Commodity surcharge

Radical Rider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What's with the commodity surcharge on all 2022 can am atv's, PDI, Doc fees and taxes should be enough are customers getting hosed

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
COVID tax for increased pricing on materials. In season doo sleds will have it too. Probably because the crates are made out of wood. Lol

This has been talked about lots on other forums.

acesup800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A big reason is because ocean freight has gone through the roof on materials coming from overseas. By through the roof, I mean 8 times. They are passing along the costs.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They have a disclaimer on all their pricing and specs that they reserve the right to change those items at their discretion. It sucks but thats the way it is undfortunately

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Place I worked at had a 4 machine sled deal on Skandics in the spring with a customer. Now the price is $500 more per unit. He's gonna lose $2000 by honoring the deal. Not just the consumer taking it up the poop chute.

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Place I worked at had a 4 machine sled deal on Skandics in the spring with a customer. Now the price is $500 more per unit. He's gonna lose $2000 by honoring the deal. Not just the consumer taking it up the poop chute.

A lose , yes . Just won’t make as much profit but not selling at a lose .
Will be a bit tight but will make up on oil, parts and what ever else this company may need .
Good on them for honouring the deal as it must have been in righting?

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not that I side with BRP very often, but I see where they are coming from, material prices are through the roof. Steel prices are up a fair bit in the last 6 months, aluminum is the same setting 10 year highs, plastics are up due to high oil and natural gas pricing, and there are many reports that chips are at least 25% above normal with another 10%-20% increase coming (although this doesn't apply to BRP, they can't get any ;)).

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm sure all manufacturers will follow suit. Its just the way it is right now.

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think it'll be seen everywhere, where BRP is adding another line item, other manufacturers will just have a baseline price increase.

You can't increase the money supply by a significant percentage and not expect the purchasing power of that money to decrease by the same amount.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Its not just the increase in money supply.

Its also the decrease in output!

You cant have people sitting around not producing and expect any production

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The TSX is up 25% on the year. Comes back to money printing, now....

bjd68

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So if u snowchecked a new sled are u now going to get a surprise of a commodity surcharge ?

I know I have my bill for my polaris snowchek and dont have a commodity surcharge on it, I wonder if there going to try and add it on when I go pick up my sled ?

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So if u snowchecked a new sled are u now going to get a surprise of a commodity surcharge ?

I know I have my bill for my polaris snowchek and dont have a commodity surcharge on it, I wonder if there going to try and add it on when I go pick up my sled ?
Not with Doo. They are only charging on units not sold in the spring program

Top Bottom