Commodity surcharge

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
2023 snocheck will probably have it. I was told that Marlon decks have increased 1000bucks this year. I also didn’t know they were made in China. I will stick to Canadian build decks.
I would never have thought that a sled deck would be made in China.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was surprised to hear that the other day as well from a dealer.
I thought Marathon had a lawsuit against a Chinese company years ago for copying their design and selling it in North America for way less money? I saw the letter that Marathon sent to their dealers.

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would never have thought that a sled deck would be made in China.
They've been making them for years. Denali decks. Lots of them around. Nothing wrong with them either, other than crappy wiring that's easy to fix for the cost savings.

smokinD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Contact Amvic yourself… obviously u don’t believe me
Where did i say i didn't believe you, but it's how the sales people make there $. Go by a trailer and see if you can escape the doc fee, if u can it will be built into the price quite similar to the so called 0% financing some offer as well. It's built in there somewhere.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Had a customer tell my wife once it was illegal to charge interest against his account. I said the banks charge interest and other businesses do? He kept it up saying he wouldn't pay on a 90 day overdue acct. I said fine then. pay your account off and go somewhere else. He did and never missed him one day.

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Where did i say i didn't believe you, but it's how the sales people make there $. Go by a trailer and see if you can escape the doc fee, if u can it will be built into the price quite similar to the so called 0% financing some offer as well. It's built in there somewhere.
Documentation fees are illegal in Alberta, or even administration fees. You can tell them you’re not paying that, and if they try to argue, simply tell them you’ll contact amvic. You’ll be surprised how quickly they change their tune!

smokinD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Documentation fees are illegal in Alberta, or even administration fees. You can tell them you’re not paying that, and if they try to argue, simply tell them you’ll contact amvic. You’ll be surprised how quickly they change their tune!
I am gonna do that for sure on my next big purchase, look forward to hearing what they have to say. I did comment on this when i bought my trailer but was not willing to haggle over 200$ especially during the plandemic. But i will on my next 1 absolutely learned something new today thank you:)

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

A Polaris dealer told me that they would waive the document fee and then added $500 to the vehicle price

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A Polaris dealer told me that they would waive the document fee and then added $500 to the vehicle price
That is why I am only interested in the OTD price. I could care less if the Document fee was 50% of the final price if that somehow was to their benefit. The Out The Door price is the only thing to worry about.

Top Bottom