Parks Canada

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Conservationists are now concerned that there will be too many people in the National Parks this coming summer. Large quantities of traffic with more animal deaths on the highways, too much foot traffic and the Parks can't handle it, all the extra litter, etc.. The list and reasons go on and on.

That particular group of people just don't want people to enjoy the Parks (and one can present the case for the back-country as well) and pretty soon they will pressure the governments to ban people altogether. Both Knothead and Trudumb would welcome their suggestions with open arms.

Conservationists concerned about free entry to Canada's national parks in 2017 - Canada - CBC News

Cdnfireman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Conservationists are now concerned that there will be too many people in the National Parks this coming summer. Large quantities of traffic with more animal deaths on the highways, too much foot traffic and the Parks can't handle it, all the extra litter, etc.. The list and reasons go on and on.

That particular group of people just don't want people to enjoy the Parks (and one can present the case for the back-country as well) and pretty soon they will pressure the governments to ban people altogether. Both Knothead and Trudumb would welcome their suggestions with open arms.

Conservationists concerned about free entry to Canada's national parks in 2017 - Canada - CBC News

They want people to enjoy the parks alright, but just themselves. You want to see a bunch of self righteous, elitist pricks, look no further than the people who own property in Banff and Canmore. According to the rules you have to own a business and work in the park to own property there, but of course the uber rich get to sidestep that rule. I know several people who live in Canmore and to a man they hate anybody who comes in and uses "their" park and infrastructure. People come out and create traffic on their roads, lineups in their restaurants, parking problems and lift lines at their ski hills etc etc.
There's a prevailing attitude among lots of the granola crowd out there that there should be restrictions on the number of people allowed to stop in the park on a daily basis. There was even a group trying to start a petition to restrict the number of tour buses and non resident vehicles allowed to exit the trans Canada, and another group that wanted to restrict back country access to non residents by creating an annual lottery system for backcountry passes.
Theres the old adage that the difference between a developer and a conservationist is that the conservationist already has his lodge in the mountains. So true.

X-Treme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.robinsautomotive.ca
They want people to enjoy the parks alright, but just themselves. You want to see a bunch of self righteous, elitist pricks, look no further than the people who own property in Banff and Canmore. According to the rules you have to own a business and work in the park to own property there, but of course the uber rich get to sidestep that rule. I know several people who live in Canmore and to a man they hate anybody who comes in and uses "their" park and infrastructure. People come out and create traffic on their roads, lineups in their restaurants, parking problems and lift lines at their ski hills etc etc.
There's a prevailing attitude among lots of the granola crowd out there that there should be restrictions on the number of people allowed to stop in the park on a daily basis. There was even a group trying to start a petition to restrict the number of tour buses and non resident vehicles allowed to exit the trans Canada, and another group that wanted to restrict back country access to non residents by creating an annual lottery system for backcountry passes.
Theres the old adage that the difference between a developer and a conservationist is that the conservationist already has his lodge in the mountains. So true.
Canmore isn't in the park.

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A lot of truth in that .
My wife has a work affiliate in jasper ....
She is "Cult like "in terms of her views about jasper ....lol
While i certainly enjoy our parks , lately I feel like a minority in my own country when I visit the more popular ones in the mountains....
Go to lake Louise .... Park 4 miles away and fight crowds for 5 hours ...
Might as well go to west emd mall...!
Way less man buns as well....

Fortunately , in summer time we find a few spots on the SXS 's that are just as beautiful .... With only a handful of people there ...!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

rubirose

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Ordered 2 passes yesterday, we are just passing through on the way to random camping in BC though, and giving one to our son to use with his girlfriend for in the park, if they go. I have no desire to be in Jasper or Banff at anytime this summer.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Bringing this to the top

Anyone get there passes yet???? , I have not

sent while drinking tea's

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Bringing this to the top

Anyone get there passes yet???? , I have not

sent while drinking tea's

Got ours just before Christmas. When we went thru the gates last weekend on our way to McBride they didn't even ask where we were going (did not have pass in truck) just said have a good day. On our way home, there was nobody even at the gates.

zal

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Didn't get any yet. Parks gate were closed going into and leaving the park.

Top Bottom