Parking Lots

Trax 2 Treadz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
trax2treadz.com
So a while back I was talking to a couple of guys from Colorado and they mentioned that they have to pay to park in some of the staging areas down in the States. Perfect!!! I thought the fee was small I think $10-$15, so I asked does this mean that the lots are plowed out and someone monitors and tells people where to park so you don't have the parking lot rodeo going on? You are guaranteed a spot for your rig and it would also cut down on theft and vandalism because someone would be there monitoring them.

Unfortunately no they said it didn't stop the parking lot fuster clucks, the lots weren't cleared out and vandalism and theft still was a problem. Because no one was actually in the lot they just charged at the entrance and then it was a free for all.

That got me thinking would you pay to enter a staging area if it went towards plowing out the lot, someone to tell everyone where to park and kinda keep an eye on things during designated hours?

I know I would pay a fee for that. What say you?

Jan

Reactions: RXN

Wilk INStheWEST

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would absolutely pay to park in a lot that had attendants to tell people where to park, as well as plowing it out, and the safety factor.
Could just add 5$ on to the cost of a trail pass, that way it is scaled by the amount of space people are taking up with their rigs. An extra 10$ for 2 sleds on a pick up with a deck, extra 20$ for guys with a deck and 2 on a trailer, or a 4 place. and more for the bigger rigs.

shoppingcart111

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would pay for sercurity and piece of mind, but then you'd have the you know whats parking on the road and every other little access to avoid paying it etc.

pistoncontracting

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not sure I'd be on board with that or not. I'm betting people would start parking away from said staging areas, clogging things up, and that would bring it's own set of problems.

I think for the most it's not needed, as most people are smart enough to figure things out.

Maybe, if we 'discouraged' the few who wreck for everyone, things would improve.

Beels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lolo Pass on the ID / MT border is a pay per use lot. There's a visitor reception center there, washrooms and they staff the parking lot on weekends. $10 per vehicle or you can buy a season pass.

Knock on wood though, I've never had a problem with vehicle security anywhere in MT, ID or WY. People tend to respect other's property more when they're possibly packin'.

Trax 2 Treadz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
trax2treadz.com
Lolo Pass on the ID / MT border is a pay per use lot. There's a visitor reception center there, washrooms and they staff the parking lot on weekends. $10 per vehicle or you can buy a season pass.

Knock on wood though, I've never had a problem with vehicle security anywhere in MT, ID or WY. People tend to respect other's property more when they're possibly packin'.

Do they keep it pretty plowed out and some one to tell everyone where to park?

RXN

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If it guaranteed it being ploughed and monitored, sure I'd pay the fee. depending on the price of the fee we're talking.

Top Bottom