Parking etiquette on access roads...

HRT Offroad

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So, we head up Little Sands today with the truck and deck. I know the road well and had a pretty good idea where the snow line was and know where the first turn around is. We get to within 50' of the first turn around and snow line and BINGO...there's a truck parked in the middle of the road, pointed up hill and nosed into the first turn around zone. He crossed the first bit of snow that was big enough to unload sleds and left his truck parked so that no other vehicles could get by. Unfortunately, the road is too narrow to turn around, so we had to back down about 2 kms in order to turn around...and then go back up the hill for the 2 kms in reverse to get close to the snow line to unload. I then pulled the truck well off the road so others could get by if need be.

Please be courteous to other users and always park so others can get by you!!

Buddy was lucky I left my long tow strap at home:D

fj40

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A few years ago some guy in a lifted dodge drove up Renshaw a mile or two passed the snow line and left his truck in the middle of the trail.
Making it hard to get by on with a sled.
when we came down he was still there missing a mirror and damage to the side you could get by on.
Not saying this sould happen but people need to think I am leaving my truck alone for hours and maybe there is a jerk out there that I could tick off.

pano-dude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I hear ya, almost got blocked in up jumbo this year. Had been up before and knew I could drive another 10 km from usual staging. Came out and 2 lifted dodges parked damn near in the middle of the road.... Common sense is a lost function these days I think.

Dannyturbo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Some people practise being pricks! Last weekend at Coal Creek, a guy left his truck parked at the loading ramp. There was a note on his driver's door window but I am surprised that was all that was done.

It is hard to fix stupid!

LOL who does this???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
PractiCe Fernie, practiCe
:smiley cop:

Hahahahaha............nice one Troy! I guess I am closer to American English than I am to English English. Figure that one out.....:hmm:

PRACTICE IN AMERICA
flag_us.gif

Whilst many in the US have adopted practise as the verb and practice as the noun, it is acceptable to use practice for both noun and verb in American English.

bullet_1.gif
I must keep practising/practicing that accent.
bultick.gif

(Both versions are acceptable in American English.)

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
After 30 years of teaching, I don't think so! Not much surprises me these days and particularly with the younger generation of sledders and the bubble wrapped kids....:d

i would like to take this moment to remind you that you have taken quite a few years to acquire this wealth of knowledge. And that the younger generation, may need the same amount or even more time. lol, that is why the old and learned need to hand down this valuable knowledge to all us younger folk, before it is lost Mr. snowman! lol
icon10.gif
icon10.gif

my mind is now open to the forthcoming onslaught of new knowledge that i know is coming!!!
icon10.gif
as the teachers of my youth used to tell me i now have a finger in my ear.
icon2.png

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
i would like to take this moment to remind you that you have taken quite a few years to acquire this wealth of knowledge. And that the younger generation, may need the same amount or even more time. lol, that is why the old and learned need to hand down this valuable knowledge to all us younger folk, before it is lost Mr. snowman! lol https://www.snowandmud.com/images/icons/icon10.gifhttps://www.snowandmud.com/images/icons/icon10.gif

my mind is now open to the forthcoming onslaught of new knowledge that i know is coming!!!https://www.snowandmud.com/images/icons/icon10.gif as the teachers of my youth used to tell me i now have a finger in my ear. https://www.snowandmud.com/forum/images/icons/icon2.png

As you may know it took me longer to learn than most others! Lots of times I had my finger in my ears and/or my eyes/brain elsewhere in the classroom. I fully understood the student and could laugh and joke and tell a story or two about most situations that would bring some humor to the class.

You and I know, that the younger generation may never know what we know, and they not have to have the great wealth of knowledge in their brain because they have Google!

BTW, when did your writing style change to this eloquent manner and not include any downright BS?????

Barry Barton

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Had the same thing happen at my lake went to the boat lauch and guess what a fish and wildlife truck and trailer parked in the middle of the ramp. Left a real politeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee note and left but carmas a bitch so at the camp a neighbor of mine went to unload his boat and the truck and trailer were still parked their so he drove his rig bumper to bumper and had his friend pick him up. He had a call from the RCMP saying he was parked elegaly went back to the boat lauch to what the problem was a long story short he didn't get a ticket and the fish guy didn't like what the RCMP had to say.

Reaction score
The problem is that sledding is too easy now. Any moron can do it.

No credit, no problem. Live in Alberta? got a job? no problem getting a big diesel and a couple sleds, grab a pair of white sunglasses too.

I live in alberta and hate seeing these guys. cant imagine how the guys that live in BC feel.

They're not all bad, but the ones that are you can spot a mile away.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
As you may know it took me longer to learn than most others! Lots of times I had my finger in my ears and/or my eyes/brain elsewhere in the classroom. I fully understood the student and could laugh and joke and tell a story or two about most situations that would bring some humor to the class.

You and I know, that the younger generation may never know what we know, and they not have to have the great wealth of knowledge in their brain because they have Google!

BTW, when did your writing style change to this eloquent manner and not include any downright BS?????

I have no recollection of my postings containing any of this "downright BS" that you so speak of. I sometimes can conjure up this eloquent posting manner, although it is easier to get down n dirty in the trenches. and many times more entertaining. My 3rd, grade 4 teacher, was an inspiration to me, telling me to go forth and learn. i tried but may have become lost along the way, seems i may have had the map upside down.

Last edited:
Top Bottom