Painting Plastic

Brute Force Boy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was thinking of painting my plastic fenders and was wondering if anyone has tired Krylon spray paint for plastic?

Does it hold up and stick to plastic atv fenders or just flake off over time. I know there are paints for this but was looking for something I can do myself without taking it to a body shop and spending a small fortune.

ram4tow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i actually just painted my sleds panels with the krylon paint. but have yet to see how durable it is. although a couple of my buddies have painted their ktm's plastics black and it seems fairly durable just some spots where their mx boots rub is the only areas that seem to wear a lil other than those areas it has maintained a great look..

1- they both scuffed (scotch brite pad) and cleaned their plastics before painting, i know the can of krylon says theres no sanding needed but just for safety i would. good luck :beer::d:d

blastoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was thinking of painting my plastic fenders and was wondering if anyone has tired Krylon spray paint for plastic?

Does it hold up and stick to plastic atv fenders or just flake off over time. I know there are paints for this but was looking for something I can do myself without taking it to a body shop and spending a small fortune.
I would suggest no to that, once it peals you have a mess. I have never seen anything that would stick to atv fenders. Even plastic welding has failed let alone some Peavy Krylon paint. But its your call.

rocketron

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would suggest no to that, once it peals you have a mess. I have never seen anything that would stick to atv fenders. Even plastic welding has failed let alone some Peavy Krylon paint. But its your call.

I will agree. It is ok untill some flakes off. Then try to get that s$%t off! Not gonna happen (don't ask how I know). Get the right stuff to do it. If you don't have the technology to put the right stuff on, then take it to someone who does. It will save alot of agrivation! Trust me!

Brute Force Boy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had a feelin that's what people would say, probably be cheaper to find the right color plastic, not to many paint shops in the Peace area = $$$ it seems.

Top Bottom