Out of province speeding ticket.

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
Do Saskatchewan and Alberta have any kind of reciprocity agreement? I have an Alberta license and got a ticket in Saskatchewan,do I get demerits?
I think Borden is one of those places that has an artificially lowered speed limit for no other reason than revenue generation.Also,it sure seems like they target big trucks,especially from out of province. We usually just pay and don't make much of a fuss. We also make a great vision block so the second car can park in front of you facing the wrong way to try and get a second catch for speeding past an emergency vehicle which is a lot more revenue.

Also,my d/l number is wrong on the ticket.What happens if I just don't pay it?

snowcannon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If the officer wrote down your DL # incorrectly, that should be reason enough to dismiss the charge. You probably have to appear before a judge though.

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Do Saskatchewan and Alberta have any kind of reciprocity agreement? I have an Alberta license and got a ticket in Saskatchewan,do I get demerits?
I think Borden is one of those places that has an artificially lowered speed limit for no other reason than revenue generation.Also,it sure seems like they target big trucks,especially from out of province. We usually just pay and don't make much of a fuss. We also make a great vision block so the second car can park in front of you facing the wrong way to try and get a second catch for speeding past an emergency vehicle which is a lot more revenue.

Will ask my sister, she works for enforcement services. But I pretty sure, wrong info is a no ticket,.. and they would toss it in court

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My sister said you will be fine. Later on if they pull your info for outstandings they will see wrong info with your DL #

Edit. Forgot to mention, if you are worried about it, talk to a local enforcement agency or a lawyer that deals with tickets

Last edited:

Greg5658

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Having wrong info on the ticket can get it thrown out, otherwise if you can prove the speed limit is artificially low the speed limit has to be adjusted. Good luck with that one though. I've only heard of a couple people that won that one. As far as just not paying it, they'll probably come after the registered owner if they can't find a valid drivers licence number. Best bet is to get a traffic ticket expert to help you out. RCMP have reciprocy agreements Canada wide if I understand right. Photo radar and municipal tickets not though. Having an unpaid ticket in a jurisdiction can lead to warrants being issued in that jurisdiction though so if you ever get your plate run there you'd be in trouble.

This is my understanding, if someone knows better they're welcome too correct me

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know one guy says bc to alberta does not tie stuff together so he never pays his alberta tickets...nothing has happen to him so far so he must be right. I however pay mine.

catalac

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wrong info on ticket doesn’t mean squat anymore, judge will say were you the one pulled over, and unless you want to face perjury charges you say yes.... all provinces and the USA now share data. Hire a ticket fighter might get reduced to registered owners violation depending on Crown prosecutor. Otherwise pay the tax man.

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What you are looking for is the Canadian Driver's License Compact. All provinces share information with other provinces except; BC, Quebec and Nunavut. So a Saskatchewan ticket will show up on your Alberta License.

https://www.stingypig.ca/faq/speeding-ticket-from-another-province/

If the ticket was in BC you'd be fine.

A few years ago I called in a driver for a DUI (driving through the ditch at highway speed, driving the wrong way up an off ramp etc) and the driver had his truck impounded for 3 days and got a 24 hour driving suspension. The truck had BC plates and the driver a BC license. After 3 days the guy picked up his truck, paid the impound fee and tow bill, and went back to BC as if nothing happened. He didn't even have to pay the fine associated with the DUI.

SHREK1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
BC will send your info to collections though and it will impact your credit rating.

truth right here, got pulled over by DOT in Kamloops for speeding, had lots of minor goofy **** going on and the old guy tried to hang me, long and short they let me go with a few tickets, I didn’t pay and collections called for there money. Paid it and no further issues.

catalac

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So a speeding ticket issued to an Albertan in BC unpaid won’t result in a warrant if pulled over subsequently in Alberta at some time down the road?

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Last speeding ticket I got was thrown out because appearance date was a weekend, I didn’t even have to fight it. Wouldn’t say it’s a guarantee but it seems like they don’t want to waste time with tickets with wrong information. I was happy, it was nearly 40 over.

FernieHawk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Having wrong info on the ticket can get it thrown out, otherwise if you can prove the speed limit is artificially low the speed limit has to be adjusted. Good luck with that one though. I've only heard of a couple people that won that one. As far as just not paying it, they'll probably come after the registered owner if they can't find a valid drivers licence number. Best bet is to get a traffic ticket expert to help you out. RCMP have reciprocy agreements Canada wide if I understand right. Photo radar and municipal tickets not though. Having an unpaid ticket in a jurisdiction can lead to warrants being issued in that jurisdiction though so if you ever get your plate run there you'd be in trouble.

This is my understanding, if someone knows better they're welcome too correct me

How about the twin lane 70 kph zone at the top of the Rogers pass...what a joke...I was doing 109 through there today and the people in front of me were pulling away and the people behind were catching up. This was not that long after sitting in a construction zone for close to an hour. On Saturday, on the way to Revy, the cops had two cars pulled over at the end of the 70 zone...looked like the drivers were getting the excessive speed tickets for more than 40 over...they were all standing outside their cars with bags and suitcases and were all on their phones.

As a side note...on Saturday, on the way down from Rogers Pass, we encountered no less than 10 Ghost cars/trucks headed Eastbound with lights and sirens activated...anyone have any idea what was going on? They were in groups of two and separated by 5 or 10 minutes...very weird.

Last edited:

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wrong info on ticket doesn’t mean squat anymore, judge will say were you the one pulled over, and unless you want to face perjury charges you say yes.... all provinces and the USA now share data. Hire a ticket fighter might get reduced to registered owners violation depending on Crown prosecutor. Otherwise pay the tax man.

Wrong information means a lot. It shows the cop wasn’t capable of writing down correct information, who says the infraction happened as wrote on ticket? The most important thing when it comes to things like that and proving a case, it’s not what you know, it’s what you can prove. In the case of a ticket if they can’t prove it it never happened.

Remember it’s not perjury, it’s selective truth. Every single lawyer lies on nearly a daily basis in court by normal people standards but not by the law profession standards.

Last edited:

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How about the twin lane 70 kph zone at the top of the Rogers pass...what a joke...I was doing 109 through there today and the people in front of me were pulling away and the people behind were catching up. This was not that long after sitting in a construction zone for close to an hour. On Saturday, on the way to Revy, the cops had two cars pulled over at the end of the 70 zone...looked like the drivers were getting the excessive speed tickets for more than 40 over...they were all standing outside their cars with bags and suitcases and were all on their phones.

As a side note...on Saturday, on the way down from Rogers Pass, we encountered no less than 10 Ghost cars/trucks headed Eastbound with lights and sirens activated...anyone have any idea what was going on? They were in groups of two and separated by 5 or 10 minutes...very weird.
Albertans had entered the BC zone under Covid restrictions?

Top Bottom