Opinions on M1100 turbo

cat925

Reaction score
I heard that 925 kit hauls ass, never seen one in action though
I had a 09 with the 925 worked good put on 4000 miles on that motor no issues I would like to try cutlers 950 big bore way more power and same price

Pro-Am Chris

Supporting Vendors
Reaction score
:nono:I had a 2012 cat 1100 turbo 163 last year, did boondocker control box, straight pipe, heavy hitter clutch kit and 3" track. I was not impressed, bought my wife a 2013 Doo with a 163" track and lightweight can. I rode that in revy in early Dec in 3 feet of fresh and kicked butt on the cat fourstroke, the XM not only out climbed the cat but handled like a dream. Needless to say I traded off the cat and now have two XM 800's. We rode last weekend at Frisby in good powder and had way more fun than on that heavy fourstroke.

Cat does not make a 163. Sounds a little fishy to me.

farmerxp

Reaction score
Another thing to consider is going to an m8 and throwing in a big bore kit. RK Tek makes a 925cc kit that puts out around 190+hp for about $3000 or so installed. Just something to maybe look into. Best of both worlds...lightweight, powerful and 100% turn key.

Ya that option just crossed my mind today. Going from xp 800 to mots 880 wasn't that big of an improvement but I'm sure it could have been set up a lot better (the art of clutching). Running a 2010-11 Cat M chassis with 190hp sounds awesome but maybe a bit gun shy of the BB still. Would imagine one would have to still be messing around with a race gas blend just like a turbo at peak boost. And I have a hard time believing the BB is going to run with a turbo at 12-15lbs. At the end of the day basically want to get over the next range to boondock in the fresh rather than high mark someone with deep pockets and a sensitive ego. Maybe just ride a light chassis with warranty, flip it every year or two and forget about the race gas/top end rebuild/$$$ investment headache. (must of caught me on a bad night! I'm sure I'll be back on the turbo train tomorrow!)

JustBoostIt

Reaction score
Website
www.whiteknucklemotorsports.ca
From our dealership experience about 5% don't like the 1100 after they try it. Of the people trying it 80% come from 2s and the rest from Yami turbos. That is a pretty good indication from riders from all different types. Not everyone is going to "love" it. I haven't been on a 2s in 6 years, I'll never go back. It takes a well set up pump gas m8 to hang with a 215hp 1100 in anything remotely vertical. Anything but aggressive technical riding it will do just as good or better. More effort in the trees for sure. When you start going past 250hp there isn't a lot of 2s anything that's hanging with a 4s. I ride with and build all types.

bigdawg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I will agree with justboostit, I'm a bigger guy 6'4 280 Ibs years back I had A yammi 4s fun sled lots of power but very heavy and hated riding it in the trees. the last 4 yrs Ive been on a 2s Turbo 12Ibs and loved it no issues just add fuel and ride it but being a bigger guy hard to make it go were I want it too as theres only so much torque the produce. Last yr I rode a couple of 1100's and feel in love with the sled, lots of power and easy to handle without feeling the weight of the 4s. this fall I bought a HCR 1100 and went to town bigger track and added some under hood goodies. this past weekend was the first really weekend were i could get a good feel for the sled and wow its awesome love the handling as its nimble like my turbo polaris BUT the power is unreal this sled is in its own class other than the Yammi and even at that maybe 5-10% of the Turbo yammi's would run with this thing it is retarded with torque and power and thx to Mr. justboostit for all the goodies to make this sled an absolute weapon.

BD

catalac

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Came off a well set up m1000, love my 1100t, only a few mods makes awesome power, probably the most hunted sled I've owned had lots of dummies on 800's try to run at the 11 and shortly turn tail and leave.

P_ZIZZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had the same experiance as BigDawg. I came off an M1000 turbo and a very well set up stock M1000 and I love the new 1100T I had Justboostit do everything he could to it and I am very happy with the finished product!! Not to mention it is a ton easier to ride just because im not worried about tuning a 2S all the time!

Newmanater90

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
DON'T DO IT!! Reading your first statement and question i had dejavu! I went through this a a year ago coming off of doo to try this new great 4 stoke that was suppose to be kind sh!t. Worst mistake of my life its a $17000 waste of money. You have to be a monster to handle it in the trees and don't even think about trying to turn it around on a downhill cause its a submarine and will go where ever it wants. Im 170 pounds 5'9" and no way i can through it around.

List of issues in 480 miles
-blew 3 belts
-blew chaincase apart
-rivots fell out of rear drop brackets in tunnel (after 9 months arguing with my dealer and arctic cat canada they replaced the tunnel but all rivots are silver and tunnel is white so stands out like sore thumb)
-Rails bent on first ride while cat walking
-Right handlebar warmer doesnt work
-Heated seat quit working
-bought the special edition white one and paint was flaking off before i even picked it up
-taillight stopped working
-and finally the reverse beeper stuck on for an entire ride

so there you have it the only decent thing about it is the power but only in a straight line!

That was my rant

luvmy1100t

Reaction score
I love my m 1100 turbo. It is heavy but u have to be willing to put a little effort into it to make it Work for you. It is not for a small in experienced rider I will tell you that much. I am 6-2 265 so its nice Havn the power I am the only one out of our group big enough to lift the bastard but I love to hang with boosted 2s and make them wonder how I can do it....its a way different ride than a two stroke....not for everyone but the instant tons of power is all worth it to me. I will tell you one thing though u better hit the gym and work on grip and shoulder strength cuz it will come out from underneath u if u are not paying attention.....I have had a couple issues. Belt (obviously) speedwerx makes one for high Hp apps that is half the$ of cat. A couple other little issues but nothing my dealer hasn't takn care of....not cats fault....shitty workmanship by select idiots putting them together....I don't know if I would go back to a 2 stroke with my ridding style......have fun!!!!!!

P_ZIZZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I love my m 1100 turbo. It is heavy but u have to be willing to put a little effort into it to make it Work for you. It is not for a small in experienced rider I will tell you that much. I am 6-2 265 so its nice Havn the power I am the only one out of our group big enough to lift the bastard but I love to hang with boosted 2s and make them wonder how I can do it....its a way different ride than a two stroke....not for everyone but the instant tons of power is all worth it to me. I will tell you one thing though u better hit the gym and work on grip and shoulder strength cuz it will come out from underneath u if u are not paying attention.....I have had a couple issues. Belt (obviously) speedwerx makes one for high Hp apps that is half the$ of cat. A couple other little issues but nothing my dealer hasn't takn care of....not cats fault....shitty workmanship by select idiots putting them together....I don't know if I would go back to a 2 stroke with my ridding style......have fun!!!!!!

How is that speedwerx belt working for you?

BMP-RIDER

Reaction score
I never got to ride mine stock but I have bikemanperformance clutch kit on my turbo from day one. I have 2,700 hard backcountry riding miles on it running 280hp every day on the original belt and still is holding up just fine, are you breaking the belt in??

Top Bottom