On Star Phone

medler

I love guns
Reaction score
I was wondering if the phone in a New Chevy Truck is the same type as a normal cell phone or is it a satelite phone.If it is a normal phone with normal reception is it worth while to pay for it?????????????????:confused:

northstar23

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Its a cell not sat, but its a lot more powerful than a hand held. Its not a cheap deal for a phone.

xsyourride

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I personally think the on star phone is no better than a cell phone.I've tried using on star when i had no cell phone service and on star didn't have service either.

medler

I love guns
Reaction score
Ya like they want 20$ for 100 min. ..The time you do need it is when you are not subscribed to it.??

dragonlady

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yep the beater has the on star phone. And personally using your cell on speaker is the same as that service. The on star phone is 50 cents as minute. in and outgoing calls.It is on your credit card.

fnDan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
with a cell phone and a gps I don't see the need for onstar. if it's a major emergency onstar still answers. I doubt they would hang up. If I really need help I just call my brother aka - Shawnstar :)

medler

I love guns
Reaction score
Yep the beater has the on star phone. And personally using your cell on speaker is the same as that service. The on star phone is 50 cents as minute. in and outgoing calls.It is on your credit card.

Whats this beater stuff?

jeremy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
onstar is both a gps and a cell phone. When using the phone it won't take your gps location, but if hit any of the other two buttons, that is the first thing that it does.
The built in phone in onstar has 14.48 mhz, where most handhelds are 4 mhz or something like that, and I have rec'd better coverage then my cell, but if your in the valley of a mountain, only a sat phone is going to work!!!!
Onstar, can most importantly save your life, and I could provide the statistics
to back that up. As soon as the impact sensors are hit, or the air bag goes off, they are coming over the phone to ask if your okay, no answer they weill send emergency crews.
Turn by turn directions, handsfree calling which yeah is 20 for 100 minutes with no long distance charges, no roaming fees, etc. If you are with BELL you can pass along minutes from your cell to your onstar account. onstar can do a dagnositc test while your driving down the road. I get a monthly email that gives me a complete run down of my vehicle, oil life, tire pressures etc.
it can even track your vehicle if it gets stolen and slow it down to 20 kph.
yes it is 285 a year once the first free year is over, but what is 285, like really. I know what I carry in life insurance and what it cost me every month, and that is for when I die. what is 285 if something were to ever happen and I was unable to phone for help, or my phone didn't have coverage, it would be the best 285 then. what if you traveled with your children and they had a medical emergency????

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
mike your going to look funny draggin yer chey down the quad trails just to make a phone call. goona be a beotch lugging the phone and a truck battery everywhere ya go. just sayin.

BlueStar 2010

Reaction score
Onstar fees are just way too high. Think of all the GM, Chevy, Buick, Pontiac, Hummer vehicles out there that have the Onstar units, but owners are not using them. ****We have a solution so that those owners can utilize their Onstar equipment with their cell phone.BlueStar 2010I am the Canadian Distributor for a product called Blue Star 2010. ********BLUESTAR 2010 is an integrated communications system designed to allow bluetooth communications in your GM vehicle. It works by utilizing the onstar equipment in your vehicle (microphone and mirror keypad) to communicate to a hands free car kit which connects to your cellphone.****There are NO EXTRA CHARGES to pay EVER. You use YOUR phone with YOUR minutes as you see fit.****Better yet, the BLUESTAR is invisible in your vehicle. There are no wires to run, no speakers to install, no microphone to route, and no ugly chrome keypad glued to your dash. And since the BLUESTAR takes advantage of the high quality sound equipment already installed in your vehicle, the audio quality is far superior to other bluetooth options including car kits and headsets.****Make calls, answer calls, mute calls, and transfer calls all using the existing onstar mirror buttons. And if your phone is equipped with voice dialing, you can do it all with the touch of a button.********Distributed in Canada by Kreitz Holdings Ltd.www.bluestar2010.combriankreitz@gmail.com

medler

I love guns
Reaction score
That is one thing with my 08 Chevy that sucks,,no blue tooth,,,i might have to check you out bluestar

Top Bottom