ok whats the deal with the new challenger extreme track

sketch96

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have read many different things about this track so far. Some good some bad. What do the guys that have one think so far? Do they make a direct replacement for the pro yet? Do you or should you change to 3" drivers.......and why? How much difference is it compared to the stock track? I have the 155 and am thinkin bout putting one on.

Thanks

poo88

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I put one on my 2011 assault last year an it was a direct fit.. No effin around our changing anything.. I only got one weekend on it before the season ended but it was awesome the little bit i used it

Sent from a phone.. From a bush

Rhodesie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have read many different things about this track so far. Some good some bad. What do the guys that have one think so far? Do they make a direct replacement for the pro yet? Do you or should you change to 3" drivers.......and why? How much difference is it compared to the stock track? I have the 155 and am thinkin bout putting one on.

Thanks
you wouldn't be disappointed. took me a long time to change also. direct replacement like poo88 says. took me 45 mins to change with wife's help. my only complaint although it small would be i have never torn a lug off a stock track because they are so soft. in 600 miles this track is missing a couple. alot more firm also. bites hard and you can practically stop going down vert is the part i really like.

woodsRIDER92

Reaction score
I had one put on my 2011 last year when i picked it up, works great....i havent ridden a pro without it though soo i cant compare and all my lugs are still there.

prairie rmk

Reaction score
I got 2000 miles on my 2011 with the stock track and have hit 85 mph on the lakes a couple times at home with no lugs missing. I have a hard time believing that a stiffer track would handle that, along with some ditch banging. Has anyone run one in the flat lander conditions and had it stand up?

Dirt2oil

Reaction score
I got about 800 km on my camo extreme track. It's a 3" pitch tho, but those km's were under boost and havent had an issue yet.

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I got 2000 miles on my 2011 with the stock track and have hit 85 mph on the lakes a couple times at home with no lugs missing. I have a hard time believing that a stiffer track would handle that, along with some ditch banging. Has anyone run one in the flat lander conditions and had it stand up?
Who cares, we don't run 2.5" and 3" tracks to ride the prairie.

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you think your some kinda special ya dink? dude was just asking a valid question. he prob rides at home and the hills.
It doesn't take a rocket surgeon to figure out that more lug is not going to work well on hardpack or marginal snow conditions.

Toyboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It doesn't take a rocket surgeon to figure out that more lug is not going to work well on hardpack or marginal snow conditions.

Just because we ride the prairies once in a while doesn't mean we ride in marginal conditions or on hard pack. I've been running a 2.25" for two years now with no issues and just went to a 2.5" for this year. And wtf is a rocket surgeon?? you must be a brain scientist!!

just sayin

Rhodesie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
rocket surgeon! good one meathead. not so clearwater i don't think. do you eat three eyed fish?

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just because we ride the prairies once in a while doesn't mean we ride in marginal conditions or on hard pack. I've been running a 2.25" for two years now with no issues and just went to a 2.5" for this year. And wtf is a rocket surgeon?? you must be a brain scientist!!

just sayin

A 2.25" is hardly a large lug and it's an oem track. If you refer to a fellow prairie dweller a few posts up he states his concern with a stiffer than stock (read: camo extreme) track on the flatland. While not a brain scientist gynaecology was somewhat of my minor in university.

rocket surgeon! good one meathead. not so clearwater i don't think. do you eat three eyed fish?

This makes no sense. Did you mean "Not in Clearwater I don't think?" "Not so in Clearwater I don't think?", or maybe "I don't think?"

hecks

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ricky.jpg

Toyboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A 2.25" is hardly a large lug and it's an oem track. If you refer to a fellow prairie dweller a few posts up he states his concern with a stiffer than stock (read: camo extreme) track on the flatland. While not a brain scientist gynaecology was somewhat of my minor in university.

This makes no sense. Did you mean "Not in Clearwater I don't think?" "Not so in Clearwater I don't think?", or maybe "I don't think?"

I also stated that i went to a 2.5" camo extreme for this year and my point was just cause we ride the flats once in a while doesn't mean there is marginal snow or hardpack.

I rode in 5'-6' around swan hills last year and my sled doesnt leave the garage unless there is at least 3' even for a day trip. If it less than that i ride my quad.

I f he said he wanted to ride dirt and grass he wouldn't need a 2" even.

prairie rmk

Reaction score
Wow, didn't mean to stir things up so much. I completely agree that I don't need a massive lug on my track for prairie riding, but I also don't plan on changing out my track every time a ride at home. Generally I do manage to find a couple feet of snow, but there's usually trails and lakes to cross on the way there. Was only asking to see if I'd be totally wasting my money on a track that wouldn't stand up to what I'd be putting it through. My rmk is a great all around sled for me, don't care to be the fastest one across the lake and it hauls a$$ when I do get to the hills.

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wow, didn't mean to stir things up so much. I completely agree that I don't need a massive lug on my track for prairie riding, but I also don't plan on changing out my track every time a ride at home. Generally I do manage to find a couple feet of snow, but there's usually trails and lakes to cross on the way there. Was only asking to see if I'd be totally wasting my money on a track that wouldn't stand up to what I'd be putting it through. My rmk is a great all around sled for me, don't care to be the fastest one across the lake and it hauls a$$ when I do get to the hills.
If you ride more than about 20% of the time at home then I wouldn't go bigger than a 2.5"

ASSAULTrmk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a 1000 miles on my camo extreme on my 11 assault. No torn lugs or issues & run it in valemount all the time & swan hills probably 5 or 6 times a year & ditchbang snow permitting & never skipped a beat. Good choice on 155" unless u want to spend lots of money & get new 156" 3" from camo?????

Top Bottom