Official REVY Riding conditions 2012/13

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I get that but Im not gonna stay at peaks if I can't ride right from there, if I gotta trailer Id rather stay in town, more convenient that way, just wondering how the trail is in comparison to past years and unless there is a very unseasonable warm spell will there be enough to sustain a trail until then. Its not rocket science, just need some opinions based on past years thats all

Hard to tell the future. Only Mother nature know that! If not it is only 10 minutes away.

speedy740

Reaction score
Tmo: This probably won't help you much but when we rode Monday we left the Boulder lot with snow in the parking lot and when we came back around 5pm the whole parking lot was 100% brown. The trail was covered with slushy snow, but still covered. The small bridge just on the beginning of the trail over the small creek was showing through a bit also. I'm not sure if this helps you or not.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Its to bad the parking lots didn't have some more elevation than they do. Sick pow up top and mud down low and it is still Feb.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I get that but Im not gonna stay at peaks if I can't ride right from there, if I gotta trailer Id rather stay in town, more convenient that way, just wondering how the trail is in comparison to past years and unless there is a very unseasonable warm spell will there be enough to sustain a trail until then. Its not rocket science, just need some opinions based on past years thats all

Based on the last 100year average id say yes,,,based on this year id say no....lol

maierch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

With the current forecast being in the double positive digits and freezing moving up as high as 1700m I would say that the snow down low won't last long. It's lookin' more and more like it's gonna be a short spring riding season. :mad::mad::mad::mad:

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Perfect, thx guys, exactly the info I was looking for, been a bad year for low elevation snow lots of places it seems

Ramjet15x

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Snow real heavy on top 6" and low density below that, break through and stuckage
Snowing heavy now when we left at 8:00

clintonk

Reaction score
Rode Boulder Sat, temps were warm, snow was very heavy and setting up. Rode Frisby Sunday and the snow was alot better, prob 2-3ft of fresh. Sure is weird how the snow differs just a few kms away. In general, the warm weather Fri/Sat has really started to set up the powder that dumped last week.

Dannyturbo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
rode bolder tuesday, snow is set up down low, in back around turbo is deeper maybe a foot or 2, rode frisby today it was kinda the same, maybe a foot in the back, riding the trees was fun

BOONDOCKINDAWG

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
great day up boulder today!! BLUEBIRD!!!! also had the privilege of meeting brett turcotte today and watched the boys send it large!! cant wait to see sldnx 16!!!

Tuesday

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Spring riding conditions now. They are in desperate need of new snow or plan to wait for warmer temps so the snow will be slushy. Few areas had 6-8 inches of fresh snow with firm layer underneath.

Boulder on sunday was hard as a rock/icy and pretty pounded out.

Couple pics.

Jon51_zps8d2aa272.jpg

Bendrop_zps8d1cd045.jpg

Ben51_zpse99f1694.jpg

Top Bottom