Official REVY Riding conditions 2012/13

Kyle91rs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah it's our only source of transportation. We have sled decks whch is why I am asking if I still need to bring it along with the trailer. Simple question. Yes, common sense would tell me not to drive up somewhere that we can't get out of. I haven't ridden revy this early in the year when snow is lacking at the bottom so I wasn't aware of the process everyone else uses to get sleds to the snow line. That being said, we'll be bringing two sled decks as well.

Does anyone have any updates to share on the snow up top?? Is there still lots of fresh??

• Love
Reactions: css

dabensmiller

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There's always untracked snow, I have been every weekend since Nov. 3 and I don't regret a single ride. Have fun and play safe!!! The parking situation did turn into a gonger last Saturday. Trucks with decks can tuck out of the way a lot easier than large trailers but that doesn't seem to be logical for some people.

Ramjet15x

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Snow good up top. Average or slightly above for this time of year. No snow down low. Had to drive to 4 Sunday. Rode turtle and bldr in trees and was mid thigh and white out snow fall all day and until 8:00 pm when we came down.
PS. If don't know where u are don't go somewhere new. Had to rescue 4 guys who had no clue and where down below airport.

zenk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Snow good up top. Average or slightly above for this time of year. No snow down low. Had to drive to 4 Sunday. Rode turtle and bldr in trees and was mid thigh and white out snow fall all day and until 8:00 pm when we came down.
PS. If don't know where u are don't go somewhere new. Had to rescue 4 guys who had no clue and where down below airport.

How do you learn then? not saying everyone should just take off on their own but at least they had nice people like you to help them. i am sure there was a point where you had no clue where you were.

Burns

Reaction score
How do you learn then? not saying everyone should just take off on their own but at least they had nice people like you to help them. i am sure there was a point where you had no clue where you were.

Not having a clue when you can see where you are and not having a clue in a whiteout are two differnet things IMO.

Reactions: LID

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I think he means don't drop into something that you don't know what is at the bottom maybe. Going down isn't always the best option if you don't know how far "down" it is or if you don't know where you are going. Its fine to learn and explore, just save it for days when you have better visibility or have a good understanding of the terrain.

rough-country

Supporting Vendors
Reaction score
Website
www.rough-country.ca
Just a quick update on riding west of Revy as we thought it was time to try somewhere different yesterday. There is definitely less snow west of town because of the different wheather patterns and milder temps. It was great when we got up top but lower down there was a lot of open creeks, swamps and the cut blocks are not filled in yet. After riding up Frisby for over a month it's plain to see that riding around Revy and north of town you will find more than enough snow and unloading lower down is possible.

Greg

sduhn

Reaction score
I thought this was a thread for the snow conditions, not for who should be going where and where they shouldn't be and what type of trailer or deck to take their sleds on!! This has to be the crappiest thread for snow conditions and pics I have ever seen.....Just sayin!!

Too many pages too!!
Why not start a new thread each month??

Last edited:

zenk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I thought this was a thread for the snow conditions, not for who should be going where and where they shouldn't be and what type of trailer or deck to take their sleds on!! This has to be the crappiest thread for snow conditions and pics I have ever seen.....Just sayin!!

Too many pages too!!
Why not start a new thread each month??

i disagree! i find this thread to be piled with info. ya things get off topic now and then but to know where to unload and what can unload where it usefull imo. i would rather know where to unload then to drive up the trail then have to back down. the pics are just a bonus ;)

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
at boulder this last weekend, raining like hell down low and snowing up high, bad visabilty but lots of snow over all, not many going to the back side, and calling for heavy snow for the next week, trail in was not the best down low... had better

sabercat2599

Reaction score
revy 2012 033.jpg
revy 2012 010.jpg
revy 2012 013.jpg
This should pretty much sum it up waist deep in the trees this past weekend but vis sucked.budggered one bellypan but all in all it was a good time. We rode boulder friday and sat we rode frisbee. We parked our 4 place trailer at the first lot up the trail both days with out to much trouble. respect others and park like a normal human being and you should be fine. Remember these arte forestry service roads made for SEMIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If you cand manage to get your four place trailer up those roads and turn around you shouldnt be pulling it, and 5 sleds in a truck and trailer take less room then three trucks with decks

gordo907

Reaction score
Rode frisby today. Snow is bottomless before cabin. Lots of tree riding up and around cabin. Vis sucked so we didn't go up and over. Luckily we had sleds to ride after someone tried to steal truck and trailer at 4am. Alarm went off and they ran. Broke the lock mechanism in back passenger door. Reported it to cops today. Make sure your smart about your truck and trailer. Grass is still green in town. Check out the video. Xm's are working

summit xm deep powwwww - YouTube

Sent from my iPhone

gordo907

Reaction score
Staying at revy inn. Don't let that fool you tho. Every hotel in town they got there eye on. Trucks get stole right on camera. Closer your truck is to hotel room door the better. We got ours boxed in by some other people staying at hotel. You can def get around with 46. But the longer sleds are stuck less!

Ramjet15x

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
FYI
The people in question in my previous post were over there head and completely lost at 8:30 at night down below airport on NE side. Not a good place to be in a white out at night. Just not prepared.

That being said Sale was incredible yesterday with only us and three others (who left early afternoon?)
Any downhill was over the bars when going slower. Three feet plus fresh and rained all night in town, should be good when clouds clear off. Had to park at first Y up 2km

Sorry no pics but too busy riding.

Top Bottom