Official REVY Riding conditions 2012/13

clintonk

Reaction score
Re: Official REVY Riding conditions 2011/12

No updates from yesterday or today at all? Heading out to Revy tomorrow for the week. Hoping the roads will be ok tomorrow am and I'm assuming there is a ton of snow, just hoping visibility was bad all weekend and its not all tracked out, lol.

RevyG

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

DSC04747.JPG DSC04733.JPG
Crazy Deep, good times in the trees. Snowing to hard to take many pictures, plus way to fun!

rough-country

Supporting Vendors
Reaction score
Website
www.rough-country.ca

There was no lack of snow on Boulder today as it pounded down from day break till dark. The snow was waist deep but starting to get a little heavy and sticky as the weather is getting milder. We were even having a hard time going down hill, if you were planing on stopping the sled it seemed to get welded right to the snow. Thanks to Rolland and Terrell for letting me hook up with them today and showing me how you do a Fort Mac cook out, chili in the fry pan. Terrell told me it was only his second time mountian riding and 100k on his new doo, I think it hit the rev limiter a few times today.

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    123.7 KB · Views: 1,198
  • 006.jpg
    006.jpg
    204 KB · Views: 1,190
  • 017.jpg
    017.jpg
    154.9 KB · Views: 1,203
  • 019.jpg
    019.jpg
    173.8 KB · Views: 1,188

snow_farmer

Reaction score

Crazy deep weekend, some spots in the trees was shoulder deep! Was really starting to set up this afternoon! Sadly, we have to stay another night due to the road closure (didnt feel like driving all night). Hopefully, its half decent tomorrow so I can convince the other guys for another ride! Will post pics when/if we get home! HA

Powder Puff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sledrevelstoke.com

Grooming report for Wed. Feb. 1, /12 10:30 pm
Boulder
Bezanson, Veideman, top, West trail
-4 deg.c, 12” new, 10’6” total, windy.
Frisby to top
Streeter Street
-2 deg.c, 10” new.

a ft. of fresh and here comes the sun.:)

Last edited:

M8BRUINS

Reaction score

Heard today from buddy that it's setting up big time and they're looking for fresh snow. It was suggested to stay home this weekend and watch the Pat's beat the Giants..................hmmmmmmmmm...........nope I'm going riding...see you all there!!!

clintonk

Reaction score

Just got back from Revy after riding Mon until today. Rode Boulder Mon and Tues, visibility was fair, snowed a bit both days. Rode below the cabin both days and there was tons of waste deep snow. Fresh all day long with no tracks in sight. Snow was heavy Mon, snow was excellent Tues after some fresh snow. Rode another location Wed, visibility was fair again and cleared up at the end of the day. Snow was deep, waste deep, again no tracks in sight, fresh powder all day long. Woke up to broken blue skies today so we hit Boulder again hoping to get some fresh up top. When we got to the top it was wind blown and more set up than in the trees (not surprised). So we rode the trees again today, found around 6-8 inches of fresh. More people out today foresure than the prior days, hence more tracks around. You can tell the snow was starting to set up today, and there is a weeks worth of sunshine in the forecast. I'd say conditions will be good in the trees Fri, maybe Sat, then she will be a highway with the warmer temps coming. Glad we got to hit the pow all week as this was one of the best 4 day trips in a long time! Sorry no pics, took some vid but haven't downloaded anything yet.

canadian madman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

geez that forecast sucks....figures....2nd time this season we've taken a week off work after watching the endless powder pics and vids on here only to have zero snow in the few days before we get there and still nothing the whole time we're there....

we will be leaving revy on feb 12th....suggesting everyone books their trips for the 13th....cause guaranteed it'll start snowing like a bastard as soon as we load up to leave....again...

capt. crunch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

dude! ya had to post 2 pics of my amazing skills eh! lol:cool:
dude! ya had to post a pic of my bald spot eh! lol:nono:
I like the one with both of them digging while we watched. Bwahahaha Ok maybe a little heckling too.:rolleyes:

Powder Puff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sledrevelstoke.com

Grooming report for Fri. Feb. 3, /12 10:30 pm
Boulder
Kirkup, Bezanson, Veideman, top, West trail, Laroy Lane
-7 deg.c, clear.
Frisby to top
Streeter Street
-4 deg.c, clear.

scrfce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Tell me, when and where is this pic!!??

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

It wasn't Thursday, Friday or Saturday. I can guarantee that. Lol.

Top Bottom