Official REVY Riding conditions 2012/13

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Re: Official REVY Riding conditions 2011/12

WOO HOO!! coming up tomorrow and ridin' thurs to sun!!

EASY

Reaction score

just got off of boulder mtn the groomer made to the cabin and a little ways past but couldn't get all the way though to the tree tree line. there is one side hill that he couldn't get past.

we got 45mins of sun light and took full advantage of it, the most epic 45 mins i have had in a long time

cscherer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

just got in to revy....if anyone wants to ride tomorrow send me a pm....I will have a full yammahammer report tomorrow....

Gunnerthesnowman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Ha EASY , could,nt wait , how you like the new sled , how long you saying out , i will call ya Thursday night , be safe.

just got off of boulder mtn the groomer made to the cabin and a little ways past but couldn't get all the way though to the tree tree line. there is one side hill that he couldn't get past.

we got 45mins of sun light and took full advantage of it, the most epic 45 mins i have had in a long time

Powder Puff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sledrevelstoke.com

Grooming report for Tues. Nov. 22/11.
Boulder
Kirkup, Bezanson, 2[SUP]nd[/SUP] sidehill above cabin.
6 – 12” fresh, -3 deg.c.

Sounds like trailheads will be staffed starting Thursday.

EASY

Reaction score

The sled so far is amazing, the power is smooth with what feels a lot of tourque in the 3/4 to full throttle position. i can pull it over on a down hill slope and head back up the hill ( never been able to do that on my rev !!!!)

pulls ch!t hooks pretty easy and it is amazing what you can stop on and keep going, there was a couple times today i stopped on stuff that i never should have stopped on and with a couple pushes with the foot and some real throttle work it popped right out.

i am on my first tank of gas with zero problems and no throttle response issues, the fuel and oil consumption is excellent.
i smoked two hidden trees ( one that bucked me off so hard that i came out of the bush before my sled ) no damage and skis are still straight.

I am 170 pounds and with the stock suspension setup i have had it bottom out a couple times, i don't know if i will adjust that yet.

to sum it up..... for my weight and height that is absolutely the best sled for me ( i have been die-hard skidoo for years ) and if i need more power i heard that the turboed machines have been holding up great .... that is why i got the 163

cheers

E-Zmoke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Leaving after work tonight!! Any updated reports? Weather Network says she is supposed to get up to +8 today and raining??? Hoping this turns to that nice white stuff uptop!! How's the pass for those that have left already?

cs5

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Sorry if I missed it but what are you on now? I am thinking from 163 and your comments it's a Pro RMK but just want to be sure :) Totally Jealous that your riding and I'm sitting in front of my computer, play safe.

The sled so far is amazing, the power is smooth with what feels a lot of tourque in the 3/4 to full throttle position. i can pull it over on a down hill slope and head back up the hill ( never been able to do that on my rev !!!!)

pulls ch!t hooks pretty easy and it is amazing what you can stop on and keep going, there was a couple times today i stopped on stuff that i never should have stopped on and with a couple pushes with the foot and some real throttle work it popped right out.

i am on my first tank of gas with zero problems and no throttle response issues, the fuel and oil consumption is excellent.
i smoked two hidden trees ( one that bucked me off so hard that i came out of the bush before my sled ) no damage and skis are still straight.

I am 170 pounds and with the stock suspension setup i have had it bottom out a couple times, i don't know if i will adjust that yet.

to sum it up..... for my weight and height that is absolutely the best sled for me ( i have been die-hard skidoo for years ) and if i need more power i heard that the turboed machines have been holding up great .... that is why i got the 163

cheers

EASY

Reaction score

Leaving after work tonight!! Any updated reports? Weather Network says she is supposed to get up to +8 today and raining??? Hoping this turns to that nice white stuff uptop!! How's the pass for those that have left already?

It was raining yesterday in town and snowing up top as for the pass i don't know, we went the long way around because i couldnt get a update on the pass

cscherer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

wellll....its deep....nut deep. It was so hard to see we could not even make alberta hill today. I could not recognize any of the trees. Rode with a couple guys from sask and they will tell you the same...made it to wally world....

I would say an easy 10ft now plus. I was on 10lbs boost all day at 3 quaters throttle. It rained and snowed hard all day from the cabin up....whomever gets back first tomorrow is in for a real deep treat....race ya!!

No issues about rocks, stumps ect...but sled smart, lotsa hidden corrnices ect....went over the handle bars a couple times.....

See ya on the hill!!

Attachments

• 016.jpg
    016.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 828
  • 022.jpg
    022.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 832

bj_lucky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

can one ride right from peaks with the rain in town?

E-Zmoke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

11:00 Alberta time - road is closed between lk louise and field. 4 semis need to get pulled out from the bottom of the Hill. May re-open to 1 lane after midnight.

dho2010summitx

Reaction score

One more week... Can't wait. Is Becky going to be up there this yr with the food ?

j335

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Road is re-open as of 1:00AM Alberta time

According to the drivebc.ca it's closed right now between field and Golden due to bad driving conditions. Says it will open back up at 10am AB time

Top Bottom