Website
www.snowandmud.com
let+it+snow.png

heyjude

RIP Judy
Reaction score
Website
www.mountainhavenbb.vpweb.com
Come on now......i know there must be something going on.

Aww, Rusty !!! We are still looking for more snow. The stuff we had blew away in the high winds last week (I was reluctant to tell you that). Will post pictures as soon as snow happens - could be this week according to forecasts.

Preparations are well on their way for this winter. Improved, larger parking lot at Renshaw, Rod (Adrenaline) installed a new heater for Bell cabin. All cabin interiors painted this spring thanks to Barry and McBride Community Forest Corp. Barry and Rod cleared a giant fallen boulder that was blocking Bell trail last weekend. Barry is up Renshaw today doing something with the ditches so that the water drains away better and doesn't take any of the road with it. Lots of work needing to be done and Barry is scrambling for funds for that as well as propane for the warmup cabins. Porcupine damage to be fixed at Renshaw cabin again, but that can't be done until it's OK to go up into the alpine. We have gotten alot of help from the Ministry of Tourism (heater, parking lot work), but their budget is limited.

Our first snowmobile club meeting is Wednesday 7:00 at the Heartland Meeting Room (Sandman). All are welcome.

The boys will be at both the Edmonton and Saskatoon Snowmobile Shows, so they are working on that too. Not too bad for a club with only a very small group active members.

Last edited:

shoppingcart111

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Aww, Rusty !!! We are still looking for more snow. The stuff we had blew away in the high winds last week (I was reluctant to tell you that). Will post pictures as soon as snow happens - could be this week according to forecasts.

Preparations are well on their way for this winter. Improved, larger parking lot at Renshaw, Rod (Adrenaline) installed a new heater for Bell cabin. All cabin interiors painted this spring thanks to Barry and McBride Community Forest Corp. Barry and Rod cleared a giant fallen boulder that was blocking Bell trail last weekend. Barry is up Renshaw today doing something with the ditches so that the water drains away better and doesn't take any of the road with it. Lots of work needing to be done and Barry is scrambling for funds for that as well as propane for the warmup cabins. Porcupine damage to be fixed at Renshaw cabin again, but that can't be done until it's OK to go up into the alpine. We have gotten alot of help from the Ministry of Tourism (heater, parking lot work), but their budget is limited.

Our first snowmobile club meeting is Wednesday 7:00 at the Heartland Meeting Room (Sandman). All are welcome.

The boys will be at both the Edmonton and Saskatoon Snowmobile Shows, so they are working on that too. Not too bad for a club with only a very small group active members.

Now lets just pray that we have an excellent group of sledders this year and nobody wrecks or vandalizes all the hard work that has been done. Keep it up guys, much appreciated.:beer:

heyjude

RIP Judy
Reaction score
Website
It's here !!

Snow line on Lucille is covering the top third of the mountain. I think it's here to stay - it's gotten quite cold the last couple of days and the wind has blown in snow clouds. Too cloudy for a good picture, but will post something later.

rusty

GBCA Member
Reaction score
i need confirmation... all is alleged unless proven..lol
come on judy

heyjude

RIP Judy
Reaction score
Website
Okay, Rusty. I was kind of waiting until I could get a clearer shot. Photos of Butterfly this morning. You can't see the peaks very well cause the SNOW clouds were there.

Attachments

• 101510 001.jpg
    101510 001.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 1,034
Last edited:

Shankster

Reaction score
Okay, Rusty. I was kind of waiting until I could get a clearer shot. Photos of Butterfly this morning. You can't see the peaks very well cause the SNOW clouds were there.

Oh my gosh! I think I may have just had movement! Quick trip to Indo...and then...oh my..:d:d:d:d:d:d:d

CR500R

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here's the pics I took yesterday before I left. Nothing to get excited about yet, the rocks are still visible plain as day from town, only a dusting. But definitely a sign letting you it's going to be coming soon...

Attachments

• 100_2611.jpg
    100_2611.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 1,131
  • 100_2613.jpg
    100_2613.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 1,124
  • 100_2612.jpg
    100_2612.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 1,129
Top Bottom