O-ring or Non O-ring

Dadbro

Reaction score
Is it worth the extra $$ to purchase an O-ring chain ? I am putting on new sprockets on my KLX 250 and still debating on what chain to get. Oh Thanks for all replies my good S & M peeps. :d

goodngrubby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It depends. If you have an aggressive rear tire, and ride in mud and sand, I would recommend the o-ring. If you are just playing on dry trails, a non oring would work. When I was heavy into the dirt bike thing, I found that if I was going to have grief, it would be 20 or so miles from the trucks, and it was almost always chain related. I personally would spend the extra coin and go with a good oring.

sledneck48

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just got DID x-ring and it should outlast an o-ring and it bends and moves as easy as my bros non o-ring Renthal, very impressed
Was not really impressed with the DID oring i put on my last quad it was really stiff compared to the non o-ring

Dadbro

Reaction score
Just got DID x-ring and it should outlast an o-ring and it bends and moves as easy as my bros non o-ring Renthal, very impressed
Was not really impressed with the DID oring i put on my last quad it was really stiff compared to the non o-ring

I just purchased the DID O-ring 520 chain for my KLX250 motorbike. I am sure it will be better than the original chain. The x-ring will be ny next chose if am still riding next year. My midlife crissis can only last so long cant it?

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Agreed. I only run a D.I.D. 520 X-ring on my Banshee. $$$ yes, but worth every penny.

Good choice with the O-ring. Keep it wet(weasle pizz) and it will last for many years.

synergycycle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

dude holly crap, I cleaned my chain and it turns out I have a DID x-ring too :)

Top Bottom