nov 30 spot 11

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
looking at purchase of the spot satelitte messenger. anyone have an feed back what are the main differences between spot 1 and spot 2.

spot 1 99.95 with a 50 rebate= 49.95
spot 2 149.95

any insite

friggin seeing spots

fnDan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Spot 2 is smaller (so not quite as bulky). Wasn't a big issue for me because I had mine strapped to my backpack strap where I could see it. The Spot 2 with the floating protective case is almost the same size size and spot 1 so it's not a big deal.
Spot 2 has an extra button for a custom message that is pre-set on your spot page. Kinda of nice but not a huge upgrade over the original. What else do you want to tell someone other than your OK and here's where I am.
Spot 2 has led lights labeled GPS and Message that indicate when you have a a good GPS signal and when your message has been sent. Spot 1 sort of had this feature but you had to remember how many blinks on the lights meant what. These new features are great so you know for sure what's happening.
Spot 2 is faster at getting a sat/gps signal and sending messages. This was the biggest reason I upgraded to Spot 2.
They also made is harder to accidentally hit the SOS button. Apparently they had quite a few accidental 911 calls.

I've only tested my Spot 2 near my house and not in the mountains.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
nice review, just what i was looking for. :beer::d

Xtremist

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ive got a question, say you have three different ppl that you want a mesage to go to, you create a seperate profile for each of these three ppl, can each person recieve a different message from the same button. like could i push the help button and it tells one of my contacts to send a chopper to get my sled out but tells the other 2 contacts that weve had a break down and that a chopper is coming, not to worry........... does that make sense ?

Top Bottom