Nose down on XM

Nonhighwayservice

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I can't seem to keep the nose down on climbs. Would tightening the limiter strap help? Any other suggestions?

Sent from my iPhone using

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Pull up the limiter a hole and if you still want more relocate the rear scissor back 3/4".

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
all about body position. one foot in right footwell knee crunched, other leg further back. lower your body down to handlebar level ( lower cg ) and the xm will climb a wall with no limiter strap

Team Pigeon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I tried to move the scissor back 3/4" and the stopper finger on the bottom of the t motion (at the heim) prevents me from from bolting her up. I hate asking for a tip or picture on this one but...

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I tried to move the scissor back 3/4" and the stopper finger on the bottom of the t motion (at the heim) prevents me from from bolting her up. I hate asking for a tip or picture on this one but...

Leave the back alone and move the front mounting holes back 3/4 of a inch .
Look inside of tunnel and you will see what I am referring to.
This will stiffen up the back .

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
all about body position. one foot in right footwell knee crunched, other leg further back. lower your body down to handlebar level ( lower cg ) and the xm will climb a wall with no limiter strap

True, plus if you wear a fleece lined jacket , size small, put one white lace and one red lace in your boots, break your visor off helmet, wear briefs, not boxers, and hold your head at 5 degrees north tilt, wear red jacket, green pants, one Klim glove, one MotorFist, rip off your Sno flap............... Maybe, your XM will perform as a mountain chassis should. LOL.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
True, plus if you wear a fleece lined jacket , size small, put one white lace and one red lace in your boots, break your visor off helmet, wear briefs, not boxers, and hold your head at 5 degrees north tilt, wear red jacket, green pants, one Klim glove, one MotorFist, rip off your Sno flap............... Maybe, your XM will perform as a mountain chassis should. LOL.

Hey it may sound weird but it's the best way to keep the fun factor without setting the suspension up for climbing only

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk -

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey it may sound weird but it's the best way to keep the fun factor without setting the suspension up for climbing only

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk -

Sounds kinda finicky and high maintenance. :).

Last edited:

monsterxlr8

Reaction score
I found that I had to adjust my riding style a little bit so that I wasn't trying to force the XM to do what I was wanting. Once I made some minor adjustment, it is like the sled is reading my mind. Point and go. And it will climb up just about anything.

Winter Brew

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am running Toms E-motion skid with Evols....no more ski liftt problems, even with limiter out 1 from stock. Overall the best setup I have found, especially with the Evols up front. Drops some weight too.

maierch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Changing your skid out for a racers edge will get rid of your ski lift problems and dramatically improve the ride. You can even get an arm that keeps the t motion.

If you don't want to replace the skid try changing the rear wheels to 9". It gets rid of the kick in the back of rails and helps a lot with wheeling too.

summit1974

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i don't have a problem with mine..you gotta get your weight to the front of the sled.My set up is the same as when i bought my sled

Côme

Reaction score
I found that I had to adjust my riding style a little bit so that I wasn't trying to force the XM to do what I was wanting. Once I made some minor adjustment, it is like the sled is reading my mind. Point and go. And it will climb up just about anything.
Stiffen up the torsion springs and leave limiter strap in factory settings. This will allow the machine to still side hill good

catrutt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My t3 174 does not lift the front at all . Every thing stock except raptors on front.It is the most stable sled I have ever ridden.

vodoo103

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nobody has asked any questions to figure out the exact issue....
1. How much do you weigh & how tall are you?
2. What length of sled is it?
3. What year and specific model is your sled?

If you're a heavier rider, may just need to tighten limiter strap one hole & switch to the heavier rear springs.

Alpine_Bound

Reaction score
Nobody has asked any questions to figure out the exact issue....
1. How much do you weigh & how tall are you?
2. What length of sled is it?
3. What year and specific model is your sled?

If you're a heavier rider, may just need to tighten limiter strap one hole & switch to the heavier rear springs.

What weight would classify a guy as a heavier rider? I am 6"1' 195 LBS. I have owned 4 different 154's now, currently on a 2016 T3. Have been curious for a while now if I would benefit from the stiffer rear springs as I do struggle from time to time on steeper climbs where some of my shorter, lighter buddies will have no issue pulling the same line.

vodoo103

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What weight would classify a guy as a heavier rider? I am 6"1' 195 LBS. I have owned 4 different 154's now, currently on a 2016 T3. Have been curious for a while now if I would benefit from the stiffer rear springs as I do struggle from time to time on steeper climbs where some of my shorter, lighter buddies will have no issue pulling the same line.

I'm 5'11 - 220 and never changed springs in a sled until I switched to a 2015 163 T3 (they were a freebie from one of my riding group). Couldn't keep the skis down enough on the new one until I switched to heavier rear springs. My 2013 154" seemed fine with the stock springs although some claim that you need stiffer springs as soon as you're over 200.

If the heavier springs didn't solve it for me, I would have considered the scissor re-locate, etc. I'm sure the full skid replacement is fantastic, but it is an expensive solution.

Last edited:

monsterxlr8

Reaction score
I have been thinking about putting the heavier springs on my 154 XmX. I have rode with the stock springs set at #5. I am 6'2" and 275 lbs before all my gear. Just kinda thinking with the heavier springs could go back down to setting 1 or 2 but not sure it will make much of a difference in how it rides. Then might try the spring spacers also.

77Crash77

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
x2, Never really had to mess with much on previous sleds. 6'0 185lbs on a 15 163 t3, first ride was all skis to the sky, adjusted riding style a bit, have been going back and forth from stock limiter setting to 1 hole tighter, and #3 on rear torsions, just need to find the balance between nose up in the trees, and manageable in a climb. Actually considering the goofy adjustable limiter strap.

Top Bottom