Nose down on XM

vodoo103

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Team Pigeon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Correct. It is an attempt to sell the brackets I purchased.

You can move the stock triangle back all you want BUT you will lose ride height and will have to grind the finger to compensate for the new angle of the triangle. Give it a try and let me know if you find anything different.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mountainsledmania

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Correct. It is an attempt to sell the brackets I purchased.

You can move the stock triangle back all you want BUT you will lose ride height and will have to grind the finger to compensate for the new angle of the triangle. Give it a try and let me know if you find anything different.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So these aftermarket triangles relocate it farther back and keep the factory tunnel to skid height? do they change the geometry of the rear arm?

snoflake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It doesn't cost anything to tighten the limiter strap. It will keep your skis down, and will not affect your side hilling. Some sleds came with the set up a little different from others. We had to tighten up the limiter straps on 4 out 5 T3s we picked up.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It doesn't cost anything to tighten the limiter strap. It will keep your skis down, and will not affect your side hilling. Some sleds came with the set up a little different from others. We had to tighten up the limiter straps on 4 out 5 T3s we picked up.
Yes tighten limit strap 1 or two holes, slack the front skid shock off to just keeping the spring tight

Cheap lol

Last edited:

Alpine_Bound

Reaction score
I finally tried playing with the limiter strap on my T3 154 after owning a few 154's. Tightened up from hole #3 to #4. At first I was impressed with my new found climbing ability, until the snow got warmer and mushier then I hated it. Found I got stuck a lot easier and the handling overall just felt off, I can feel the track pivoting a lot further back while making turns. It's harder to lay it over and when I do it just wants to flop. Maybe I will try it again later in the spring but for now, back to hole #3 and maybe try some heavier rear springs, or just take one or two steps forward on the boards in situations where I don't want the nose coming up to high on me.

Last edited:

moonbeam1719

Reaction score
In my experience on a 2014 xm 154 after trying numerous setups on my 2013..a set of toms powder wedgies (drastically changes approach angle $50) and ended up moving the rear scissor back 7/8 in (was shooting for 3/4 but the bit walked on me on 1st hole) completely changed that sled..i ended up down to setting 2 on rear springs from 4(there was about 0.5 cm decrease in rear bumper height but the dreaded 5 inch sag when sit on it was gone..maybe 3 inches if sat down hard). With the limiter set on stock (3) and front shock set soft I put 1300 mountain miles on this set up and all I can say (and everyone I rode with) is WOW!..It got up on the snow way better, held a sidehill way better, nose in the air only when u wanted it to be, slider wear became almost nonexistent..i could go on but all I can say is don't waste your money like I did and give it a shot..you can always put it back if you don't like it. I had no issue with anything binding whatsoever..a t3 may be different though.

D.C

Reaction score
Simple fix. Loosen limiter strap and stiffen rear suspension. Play around with it till your are happy, I have done it and it works well for me.
Snugging the limiter strap too much will make your sled a trenching machine, especially in spring conditions.

butthead1

Reaction score
first off its a ski doo
so you should expect the front end to be off the ground.
now adjust you limiter strap

Top Bottom