Norns, Meadow current conditions/ weekend conditions?

schwindt

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

Looking to get 1 more ride in for the year,how is the current snow? As well where has the best snow right now? We have a house in Fruitvale so would have to be within a hour or two from there.

Thanks,

Schwindt

clarkydubs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
EVERYTHING got thrashed on easter weekend i would imagine, i was up meadow and it was DESTROYED!!!!!!
where ever you end up going, watch the cornices!!! heard the freezing level was at like 3000m for the last two days.....so those giant bastards lurking at the top of every ridge in the koots are gonna start breaking off. and there are some gnarly layers waiting for a big trigger like a cornice fall!!!!

schwindt

Reaction score
Yeah checked the Red Mountain report said 2450 today freezing level, then 1600 for the next couple days, however there is supposed to be some moisture on the way, should be snow at 1600 freezing point (thank you lord Jesus) :p Hear you on the cornices, we were out at Meadow before the cat skiing guys were done, was there was a ice layer already that day (2-3 weeks ago). Will be a ice layer below the upcoming fresh as well could be gnarly again.

kootenaycat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Everything, I mean everything is tracked out, don't waste your time driving all the way out here for a ride, probably better in Alberta somewhere! Can you tell I don't want to share! :D Fruitvale you say, must be nice to have a house just for sledding, I have to live here full time to make it worth while ha ha!

schwindt

Reaction score
Everything, I mean everything is tracked out, don't waste your time driving all the way out here for a ride, probably better in Alberta somewhere! Can you tell I don't want to share! :D Fruitvale you say, must be nice to have a house just for sledding, I have to live here full time to make it worth while ha ha!

Kootenaycat I smell a slight hint of sarcasm, how many beers will it take to get the information out? I just have this half barrel of race fuel starring me in the eye whenever I go in the shop that says USE ME SCHWINDT, please PUT ME IN YOUR M8 and BURN ME UP :p Yeah its not mine my parents live there and work in Nunavut all winter so always put myself out there to volunteered to "look after" it in the wintertime for them. I have lived there full time for 3 years as well, what a piece of heaven, so many untouched area's be it hiking, biking, boating, bc's best for sure.

kootenaycat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yah it's got everything an outdoorsman could ever want but I don't like to let that info slip too often! :D As long as the smelter has a job for me I'm not moving anywhere.

Buddy from work was up Ladybird on Monday, was pretty stiff in the morning, the 3' of fresh powder from the weekend before has settled pretty good. Probably going to be spring conditions until it dumps again which could be anytime now, this is the Kootenays!

Top Bottom