No snow, bored, Post a pic of your old mountain Mod!

Pistonbroke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
593ddba5f8c0d3578fb0a0979cb03a27.jpg

Not old. Recently built 91 650 141 1.75” Decker triples, heads cut 50 thou.
Fun sled

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I always wanted one, but I was too young/poor and could only scrape up Indy 500 money. LOL

tundra twin track

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Had a peek at your build thread, very nice 👍🏻
Most people would not appreciate the hours and “engineering” put in to a project like that. Interesting that you had the motor on the tunnel, the mass centralization, moto-style seating, and increased height must have helped the boon-docking ability, but definitely not the rip down the trail ditch banging ability. Definitely a purpose built unit.
Any video of this unit?
Thanks MP Kid,the goal with this was to have as short as possible, shorter than 151 Rev with ski’s missing the track by 1/8” when turning.Was not trail friendly but was a blast when armpit deep days,never got around to get any videos .

My sled before this was the IndyLite in pics which never got a lot of attention as everyone would laugh at the FC thing.A lot of design work went in to that build,I built the whole chassis including bulkhead with a forward rolled chain case for crawl ability in the trees.

A small core group of us did a lot of exploring when I was on those 488’s and have never see that much spectacular untouched terrain since.Never rode with the masses much then but I was in my prime so to speak.🤓

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks MP Kid,the goal with this was to have as short as possible, shorter than 151 Rev with ski’s missing the track by 1/8” when turning.Was not trail friendly but was a blast when armpit deep days,never got around to get any videos .

My sled before this was the IndyLite in pics which never got a lot of attention as everyone would laugh at the FC thing.A lot of design work went in to that build,I built the whole chassis including bulkhead with a forward rolled chain case for crawl ability in the trees.

A small core group of us did a lot of exploring when I was on those 488’s and have never see that much spectacular untouched terrain since.Never rode with the masses much then but I was in my prime so to speak.

My uncle Dean used to talk about guys he knew of with fan cooled sleds that went everywhere. I wonder if he was talking about your group

tundra twin track

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My uncle Dean used to talk about guys he knew of with fan cooled sleds that went everywhere. I wonder if he was talking about your group
I was the only one with a Fan Cooled,the rest of the group had 670,700 or 800,did your uncle ride Valemount lots?The time frame was mid 90’s to about 2006 when the six of us covered a ch!t load of country,rarley seen other sledders except in town🤓

Last edited:

tundra twin track

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
593ddba5f8c0d3578fb0a0979cb03a27.jpg

Not old. Recently built 91 650 141 1.75” Decker triples, heads cut 50 thou.
Fun sled

Sled looks awesome, my brother in law plucked the new engine from one of those and we mounted in a 1979 TX chassis with leaf spring.Dropped chain case 141 track and custom triple pipes,it was insane in the deep stuff not so great on the trail.

Sledtillded

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sled looks awesome, my brother in law plucked the new engine from one of those and we mounted in a 1979 TX chassis with leaf spring.Dropped chain case 141 track and custom triple pipes,it was insane in the deep stuff not so great on the trail.

That would be a fun ride I have always wanted to throw 680 Ultra engine into a 80 centurion chassis and long track it just need to find all the donors

Sledtillded

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How many can still hear the sound of 2” plastic paddles on the mountain ????? My buddy Don and Propane Blaine had some very nice 90’s Mod 650 wedges. They had 2” paddles and I ran 1.5 inchers back then

The ride down the old Allan trail, in the spring, on plastic separated
The men from the boys.
4b7faeeb91fffa98c008247c3fd07205.jpg

Last edited:

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was the only one with a Fan Cooled,the rest of the group had 670,700 or 800,did your uncle ride Valemount lots?The time frame was mid 90’s to about 2006 when the six of us covered a ch!t load of country,rarley seen other sledders except in town

Yah he live in Hinton around that time so might have been with you once in awhile

tundra twin track

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How many can still hear the sound of 2” plastic paddles on the mountain ????? My buddy Don and Propane Blaine had some very nice 90’s Mod 650 wedges. They had 2” paddles and ran 1.5 inchers back then

The ride down the old Allan trail, in the spring, on plastic separated
The men from the boys.
4b7faeeb91fffa98c008247c3fd07205.jpg

Blaine had a white Indy 500 that was a asskicker,was only a whisker behind the 650’s and ran very consisten!
Years later Blaine and a sales guy from CW was in Oasis with deep pow,we nearly spent the night.There was some wild trail blazing in the dark and we made out🤓

Top Bottom