No DSS Cord

rsaint

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just curious found a stolen 2014 summit sport 800ptech and got the go ahead to retrieve it and get first right for salvage is there any way to start it to see if any motor damage. I know our 08 xp will start but beep if teather is not on rite.

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If no DSS doubt it'll start.

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

rsaint

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Would it matter as the wiring harness to handlebars is cut, is kill switch closed or open to run?

Diamondledinc

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You can't bypass the DESS. You can have another one programmed for you however with BUDS.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It will start with the wrong dess cord in it.
It just won't rev up very much

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Caper is right. Should at least start with wrong DESS key but won't engage clutches and should be beeping at you when its running.

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Would it matter as the wiring harness to handlebars is cut, is kill switch closed or open to run?

With a wrong dress key and reconnect the kill switch wires, it should start and run... Will Only rev to about 3000rpm and probably not enough for it to move

rsaint

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
With a wrong dress key and reconnect the kill switch wires, it should start and run... Will Only rev to about 3000rpm and probably not enough for it to move

Ok that makes sense because no spark will have to find wiring diagram to see what wires are the kill switch.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
put it on a kids carpet slider, or a calf sled and pull it out to truck. less screwing around.

rsaint

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
put it on a kids carpet slider, or a calf sled and pull it out to truck. less screwing around.
Have it in the yard waiting for the adjuster to put a price on it, just want to see if motor is good before i decide to get it.

Top Bottom