Newbie to the Nytro world have a couple questions

Redneck002

Reaction score
I just picked up a 2010 Nytro with the MCX 270 kit and had a couple of questions it has the roll over valve on it when the sled is shut off with the key does the valve shut or do you have to leave the key on and pull the teather?
Also it does not have a boost T on it it is set for 17lbs of boost would you guys recomend i put one in or leave it where its at 99% of my riding is in the hills. what fuel to run i can get a good buy on VP U4.4 has anybody ran that and if so do you just run it straight.

Last edited:

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The key has to be on when the tether is pulled to activate the valve. It kills the motor, then blocks the vent in the oil tank from leaking backwards. A red light should be installed where you can see it and comes on when the valve is activated. SO...when you get upside-down, you pull the tether....do NOT turn your key off until you get your sled upright again.

ROBERTSONYAMAHA

Reaction score
What DaveB said. and you could put a manual boost T in it, but I doubt you will be adjusting the boost much. All you could really want to do is turn it down a couple pounds. you should be running 17-18lbs at 6000ish feet with the MCX-270 kit, and it is perfectly fine and runs best IMO on 91 premium, if you want to add a little race/Av gas for security go for it, but I wouldn't throw alot in. 91 Premium and your good! - Cody

Culvert

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Cody... is it better to get the rollover valve or is the Alpine catch can good enough? Havent had mine upside down yet but dont want to find out after the fact of oil dumping out either.

willbarber1989

Reaction score
I am also new to the 4 stroke world, how many kms is too many when looking to buy a 4 stroke? I have previously steered away from any 2 stroke with anything over 5000km, but are 4 strokes any different? It will obviously depend on mods etc, but even a ball park will be good enough to do some looking.

Lowlife82

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am also new to the 4 stroke world, how many kms is too many when looking to buy a 4 stroke? I have previously steered away from any 2 stroke with anything over 5000km, but are 4 strokes any different? It will obviously depend on mods etc, but even a ball park will be good enough to do some looking.

2 stroke-nothing over 2000km for me
4 stroke yamaha- depends on mods but i wouldn't shy away at 8000km just would need to know service history and check the drive chain if it looks clean

Top Bottom