new to sledding

hdkawi

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just picked up my sled 2005 summit 1000 and get this only 85 miles on it it's like new

S.W.A.T.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just picked up my sled 2005 summit 1000 and get this only 85 miles on it it's like new

Congrats my friend. Hope you enjoy your ride. Like the others say, do some trail riding first, get use to how it handles, learn how to turn it in tight spots, get a feel for how you and the sled react with the power. You have a big sled there for a first timer, lots of power can also mean lots of trouble. Learn your limits because the mountains will quickly mess your chit up if you don't know how to handle it.
just sayin......

Good luck and enjoy the site.

gibsons

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
On a rebuild i imagine. Don't mean to burst your bubble but my buddy blew on up a couple times, then was told that it was the worst engine that skidoo ever came out with. take it for what it's worth, like i said it's just what i heard, hope it works well for you.

N_SNOW

Reaction score
Welcome to the site... you'll love it, awesome bunch of people. I find myself reading for hours, some real helpful info and some is just funny....
There is no doubt you're gonna like sledding.
I don't know much about the 1000's but you're starting on the right brand.
Good luck.

grnboyz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the site,to sledding and Congrats on the new machine!!!:clap2:
Put your feet up and stay awhile:av-31:
Learn your sled and Know your limitations for what you feel comfortable with and hopefully you won't get into too much trouble your first few trips out.

Real Advice for the mountains for your first time out especially if you are riding a Yamaha.... Take a good shovel, lots of friends and make sure the wallet is full to buy lots of beer at the pub later on after a day of sledding for all the guys who dug you out all day long!!!
:friends::beerchug::smilemsn:
Start working out now and maybe you'll actually want to ride 2 days in a row.:lol2:

hdkawi

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
On a rebuild i imagine. Don't mean to burst your bubble but my buddy blew on up a couple times, then was told that it was the worst engine that skidoo ever came out with. take it for what it's worth, like i said it's just what i heard, hope it works well for you.

not a rebuild the thing is like new 85 mi on the speedo is there a way you can trick the speedo. i don't know the thing is still like new.have to fix the air box i heard that's why the moters didn't last to long belt dust in the carbs

Top Bottom