new to forum and seeking summit x

crustyhooker

Reaction score
As a new member to the forum and a newer rider to snowmobiling, I was wondering if anybody had any insight as to where I might be able to purchase a Ski-Doo Summit X model. I live in the Calgary area and understand that riding areas in Revelstoke and Golden are killer, so I want a Summit as I have been told by buddies that these are a phenomenal mountain sled. I dirtbike lots so I would prefer to have the X package over the Everest as I understand the suspension is stiffer and the 154" track is my target.
Any insight would be appreciated.

GRD

Reaction score
As a new member to the forum and a newer rider to snowmobiling, I was wondering if anybody had any insight as to where I might be able to purchase a Ski-Doo Summit X model. I live in the Calgary area and understand that riding areas in Revelstoke and Golden are killer, so I want a Summit as I have been told by buddies that these are a phenomenal mountain sled. I dirtbike lots so I would prefer to have the X package over the Everest as I understand the suspension is stiffer and the 154" track is my target.
Any insight would be appreciated.

Welcome to the site... There are some sleds for sale in the classifieds section. I wouldn't narrow your search down to one brand of sled. Yamaha, Articat and Polaris all have a good product as well. What year of sled are you looking for? Have you tried any sleds? In an ideal world it would be nice to try and ride a few different ones to see what you like. kijiji.ca has lots on there for sale as well. Good luck!

crustyhooker

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply and insight, get er done.

I have ridden sleds before but it has been a long, long time since I have owned one. I am actually seeking a new 2009 model as I have been burned before on used crap (other sports), and really want this to be new and good for many seasons. I rode the Actic cat M8, and 2008 dragon 700, last winter and would consider them as well but have my heart set on a black 09 summit X (likely 154) if I can still find one. The machine looks wild and from what I have read is a really good all around package.

GRD

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply and insight, get er done.

I have ridden sleds before but it has been a long, long time since I have owned one. I am actually seeking a new 2009 model as I have been burned before on used crap (other sports), and really want this to be new and good for many seasons. I rode the Actic cat M8, and 2008 dragon 700, last winter and would consider them as well but have my heart set on a black 09 summit X (likely 154) if I can still find one. The machine looks wild and from what I have read is a really good all around package.

If you are looking for a 09 Summit X.... Bowcycle still had a couple. I was there this past weekend! Black and Blue... Not cheap, I think all in it was $14,000.00

rusty

GBCA Member
Reaction score
i wouldn't rule out the cats m8. you may suprise your buddies with how nice it rides.

crustyhooker

Reaction score
Thanks for the input guys.

I called Bow Cycle and spoke with a sales guy named Brad. He said they still have a limited supply of X's available, so I am going to sleep on it for a night and then pull the trigger.

I am going to have to start scouring this forum more intensely to find out what sort of add-ons or accessories that I should be considering for the sled, besides the required safety supplies like probe, shovel, and beacon.

Can't wait for the snow!!!

Top Bottom