New Team Clutches on the 9000

sled obsessed

Reaction score
Just wondering what guys think about the new Team clutches, will they stop the 9000's from blowing belts every 2.5 miles. Did any aftermarket solutions every actually fix the problems?

Dale Franklin

Reaction score
The belt blowing problem could be your clutch center to center is to far apart and cat doesnt want to admit that they have a screw up!

Shredder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Were the 1100's that bad? The only belt I have ever blown on either of my 800's was when I tried a softer secondary spring. That experiment cost me two belts, but other than that day no other belt failures for me on my 800's.

rider 1

Reaction score
I did a tcl delete stage two kit on my 14 m9000 and never blew a belt last season talk to Gene at white knuckle motor sports.

0neoldfart

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I did a tcl delete stage two kit on my 14 m9000 and never blew a belt last season talk to Gene at white knuckle motor sports.
X2 - If you have a belt blower, odds are it isn't your clutches, rather the alignment of the clutches. If you're boosted, the stock driveline may not be up to the task.

Dale Franklin

Reaction score
mine was clutch center to center was to far apart the belt would blow into small pieces . this would happen only at full throttle climb,belt and clutches did not get hot

0neoldfart

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
mine was clutch center to center was to far apart the belt would blow into small pieces . this would happen only at full throttle climb,belt and clutches did not get hot
As was mine. Measured 11 9/16" instead of 11.5". Corrected with a TCL delete.

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There were a variety of reasons. Some had a one or two of the causes, some had many of the causes. C to C on my sled was a little long with some positive twist. I also had a primary clutch that was binding up on full shift. Cat helped by replacing some of the primaries. I also went with a 911 cover and Hercules helix from Thunder products. With some better venting and slighlty longer belt I had a decent season. My dealer recently bought an OSP alignment tool and I was able to borrow that. Using an OSP shim kit I got the C to C bang on and alignment dead nuts square. Will run the XTX 5020 belt. Feeling confident enough now that I just sent the ECU away to get reflashed. Time to wick it up a notch.

As for the new TEAM clutches, I think there will definitely be a quality improvement, especially in the primary. Less belt scrub and the infamous belt ballooning. It's a step in one right direction.

Last edited:
Top Bottom