New snowchecks already arriving!!!!

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Tex78... If u zoom in on that picture there is a heavy duty 2" strap over the rear upper axle.... Go smoke some more of that free grass, tex.... Jus sayin....... By the way, tex, what do u secure your atv down with?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Use 4 straps, 2 cris crossed pulling front forward, 2 cris crossed pulling rear back

And one extra pulling straight forward for extra

Never moves ect..... Oh and pretty dam close to what the cops want too

Dzl

Reaction score
Won't hold up in court. Final securement is owners to do regardless of location.

If a dealer allowed an unsafe practice to happen on their property (regardless of who performed it) and that resulted in serious injury and or death, in today's world you bet they can have a bullseye on them. Taking pictures and putting it on their FB page wipes away any plausible deniability that they were unaware of the condition of that sled. Wouldn't be cut and dry by any means but a smart lawyer could make it really messy.

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If a dealer allowed an unsafe practice to happen on their property (regardless of who performed it) and that resulted in serious injury and or death, in today's world you bet they can have a bullseye on them. Taking pictures and putting it on their FB page wipes away any plausible deniability that they were unaware of the condition of that sled. Wouldn't be cut and dry by any means but a smart lawyer could make it really messy.

True dat, but there are legislated laws on load securement which would negate the dealer. Laws are federal and provincial so even a good / greasy lawyer would have a tough go.

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
Use 4 straps, 2 cris crossed pulling front forward, 2 cris crossed pulling rear back

And one extra pulling straight forward for extra

Never moves ect..... Oh and pretty dam close to what the cops want too
I thought it wasn't even tied down?

Joholio

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
would it be wrong to tell a customer that maybe that is not the best way to haul a unit, and that it could be stored for a day or two so suitable transportation can be arranged

Absolutely not. Salesmen usually just take my money and say see ya later. Like my new travel trailer.

Newmanater90

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
And there isn't a sled deck in the world that will help that guy. Little 5'6" box totally useless

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I beg to differ as i have a 5.5 foot box on my tundra and i have the mline deck that works perfect for my 163" Prior to purchasing my deck i would just leave me endgate down and strap it forward!

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I beg to differ as i have a 5.5 foot box on my tundra and i have the mline deck that works perfect for my 163" Prior to purchasing my deck i would just leave me endgate down and strap it forward!

you have an 8ft deck on a 5.5? or a 6.5ft deck? if its a 6.5 i would say it works but not perfectly thats forsure. i also had a kingranch with a 5.5 box.

Pistonbroke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I thought it wasn't even tied down?

It was tied down, but the guy only had one tow mirrow flipped out. That highly dangerous asymmetrical aerodynamic condition is guaranteed to flip the entire unit upside down and slide it at 140 kph into a school bus full of kindergarten children!

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
I guess if you wanted to talk about snowmobiles.......otherwise this was a very informative thread about load securement from the Snowandmud safety commitee

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Disclaimer:

Snowandmud.com in no way has a safety committee, any further mention of Snowandmud Safety Committee should be read as "Tex78's Safety Emporium"

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Chev and Ford also made a modified car/truck vehicle similar to your Tundra years ago, they called them El Camino's and Ranchero"s. :). heehee !

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
It was tied down, but the guy only had one tow mirrow flipped out. That highly dangerous asymmetrical aerodynamic condition is guaranteed to flip the entire unit upside down and slide it at 140 kph into a school bus full of kindergarten children!
Were the children supervised by nuns?

Top Bottom