New sled - wife mad - life good

barefooter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So - phoned the guys from Martin yesterday on some new "Green Paint". They asked me when I was coming to pick up my Snowcheck sled? Little bit of a surprise to me, since I didn't think I had ordered one and didn't pay them for it. (Thought last spring I would see how the back did over the summer and just ride the XRS one more year). They ordered it without a deposit. I guess I must have said to order it!:p

Wife is mad - I did promise I wouldn't buy a new one last spring. No loving last night when I told her.:realmad:

Life is pretty damn good. Last year at this time I had doctors telling me that it was 50/50 if I would ever walk normally again, and my left leg was basically paralyzed after a blown disk. I had sold trailer, deck and sleds and just kept a couple of older ones for me and my older daughter. Last spring - it was tough going out with may daughter for more than 2 hrs on the sled, but I was getting better. Was looking at a 600 E-Tech to bit little easier to ride

A year later - I have been in the gym like a demon, and my leg and back are 70%. (plus actually put on a chest - wife likes it!) Docs are amazed at my recovery - have never seen anything like it. I took it real easy this summer - no barefooting and only rode horses in the fall. Last two weeks I can finally get out bed feeling normal in the morning. I think I finally turned the corner - but still have another year until I am 100%.

This must be God's little way of telling me I can treat myself and go have some fun! I can hardly wait - new Summit 600 E-Tech 154". Gonna have some fun out at Hunter's Range this winter! If my biggest problem is a mad wife for a couple of days - I can live with that.

shoppingcart111

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So - phoned the guys from Martin yesterday on unrelated matter. They asked me when I was coming to pick up my Snowcheck? Little bit of a surprise to me, since I didn't think I had ordered one and didn't pay them for it. (Thought last spring I would see how the back did over the summer and just ride the XRS one more year). They ordered it without a deposit. I guess I must have said to order it!:p

Wife is mad - I did promise I wouldn't buy a new one last spring. No loving last night when I told her.:realmad:

Life is pretty damn good. Last year at this time I had doctors telling me that it was 50/50 if I would ever walk normally again, and my left leg was basically paralyzed after a blown disk. I had sold trailer, deck and sleds and just kept a couple of older ones for me and my older daughter. Last spring - it was tough going out with may daughter for more than 2 hrs on the sled, but I was getting better. Was looking at a 600 E-Tech to bit little easier to ride

A year later - I have been in the gym like a demon, and my leg and back are 70%. (plus actually put on a chest - wife likes it!) Docs are amazed at my recovery - have never seen anything like it. I took it real easy this summer - no barefooting and only rode horses in the fall. Last two weeks I can finally get out bed feeling normal in the morning. I think I finally turned the corner - but still have another year until I am 100%.

This must be God's little way of telling me I can treat myself and go have some fun! I can hardly wait - new Summit 600 E-Tech 154". Gonna have some fun out at Hunter's Range this winter!

Good job, I too am going through the back recovery process, had surgery in March for a bad herniated disc and now going to pain clinics as its actually worse than before the surgery, but things are progressing. Not going to let it stop me from sledding though.

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Great recovery.
New sled to ride.
Good job on taking control and just do it...

SledMamma

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

This must be God's little way of telling me I can treat myself and go have some fun! I can hardly wait - new Summit 600 E-Tech 154". Gonna have some fun out at Hunter's Range this winter! If my biggest problem is a mad wife for a couple of days - I can live with that.

So as a wife, I have to say that that was a really bad thing you did. My husband is famous for "forgetting" and he is also very good at "rounding-down" when I ask him how much something cost us. :nono:

BUT, as a sledder and someone with a bazillion-and-one back issues after a fight with a moose in my car and a cracked pelvis in a quadding accident, I say WOOO-FRICKIN-HOOO! Good for you :beer::):p

Enjoy every last minute of that sled and your ability to move that body! The Wife will get over it, lovin' will resume, and you'll always have your sled...

switchbackfst

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sounds like you went through enough to deserve a new sled!!!

Remember forgiveness always takes less time than permision!!:beer:

bhowes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
she should be happy if the beer belly moved to the pecs
LOL just sayn

GasCan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.oldgasolinesigns.com
Glad to hear your health is on the mend and a great choice for a new sled. Do me a favour and mention to your wife that I asked her to lighten up on ya. You've done well to rehabilitate yourself and you deserve a bit of fun. After all, men require toys like women require makeup.

No offence to the ladies here! :brownnoser:

milton

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i remember reading about your story last year, good job, I am dealing with a bad knee right now and it is hard to stay off the sled. I also had a mad wife, not once but twice with both my o4 summit and a 09 xp. i told her when i was a kid all i wanted to do was grow up and she said why. i said so i can get a full time job make my own money and make my own decisions. That was the last i heard of it.

Powertool29

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My buddy and I have a system...
whatever I buy is his and whatever he buys is mine...
Therefore we have never bought anything ourselves !!
and we store it all out at my parents farm !

SledMamma

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Glad to hear your health is on the mend and a great choice for a new sled. Do me a favour and mention to your wife that I asked her to lighten up on ya. You've done well to rehabilitate yourself and you deserve a bit of fun. After all, men require toys like women require makeup.

No offence to the ladies here! :brownnoser:

I don't know: as a non-fancy, non-makeup wearing lady (I use that term loosely!), I think maybe what she needs to help lighten her up is for him to buy her a sled? If it was me, that would definitely shut me up.

Just sayin'...:Snowmobile1:

Powertool29

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't know: as a non-fancy, non-makeup wearing lady (I use that term loosely!), I think maybe what she needs to help lighten her up is for him to buy her a sled? If it was me, that would definitely shut me up.

Just sayin'...:Snowmobile1:

Your definately a keeper !!;)

barefooter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Whoo, whoo, whoo boys and girls. The new toy just rips (600 Etech Summit 154). Spent most of the day Sunday ripping aroung with the kids through the trees. This thing is a boondocking fool! Proud to say - I don't think there is 1 piece of untracked snow over the 500 acres we have over here!

You just look sideways at it and it starts. Throttle pull is so light, can't believe it. Just have a bit of tuning to do (clickers, clutch kit, tunnel bag) and I am ready to hit B.C. with this thing.

bayman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Remember reading your posts last year(i fell on a piece of rebar and ,well let's just say that i'm lucky to be typing this) while i was on the mend myself. Gotta give you a hugh thumbs up and a cheers for a few beers. Congrats on all the hard work it must have taken, good on ya!:beer::beer:Wifey will get over it:d

Top Bottom