New resort in valmount

kovs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They are pretty much same price so if they went up... Ouch. Be good time to buy some property there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
They are pretty much same price so if they went up... Ouch. Be good time to buy some property there

I believe this is a different group from the original.
I was looking at buying some land in town last summer went back this spring and someone had the same idea and bought up most of the desirable real estate.

struglin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Smart people from Edmonton ect will flock there as it's much closer then the other hills that'll drive the property values way up

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Same guy that proposed Jumbo. Maybe he'll have better luck with this one. :dontknow:

Last edited:

Cmcgillis

Reaction score
Does anyone know if we are going to lose any of the riding area in westridge due to this resort?

scotts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's good for the town and valley, bittersweet in lots of other ways! I think I'll stand on the 9500' and say goodbye to westridge on the last weekend in March!

pano-dude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's good for the town and valley, bittersweet in lots of other ways! I think I'll stand on the 9500' and say goodbye to westridge on the last weekend in March!

If unaffordable housing, minimum wages
and huge pressure on medical services are good for the town then you are right.

Roy Maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Might mean keeping the school and other services open though!
It may not be perfect but the way things are going it's better than the alternative!!

Absolutely better than the alternative as currently one has to travel to Prince George or Kamloops to buy socks and underwear since Fields closed and only one grocery store since Shop Easy closed. Valemount and VARDA are doing all the right things with sledding, Crystal Ridge sled assisted ski hill, the brewery and the new Mountain Bike Park which has been very successful at bringing visitors to town this summer. The Valemount Glacier Destination Resort would be the feather in the cap as lift assisted skiing is about the only thing Valemount and area does not have to offer visitors for outdoor recreation. Valemount will not likely become the new Whistler or Canmore as it does not have the close proximity to major urban centres as do Whistler and Canmore and that is probably a good thing. Valemount is still a great place to enjoy the outdoors in all four seasons and more bang for your buck compared to other similar places when it comes to purchasing real estate.

pano-dude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Might mean keeping the school and other services open though!
It may not be perfect but the way things are going it's better than the alternative!!

Not really, people can't afford to raise a family on minimum wage in a resort town so they move.

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Growth is the only way to attract people

T-team

"big deal"
Reaction score
Absolutely better than the alternative as currently one has to travel to Prince George or Kamloops to buy socks and underwear since Fields closed and only one grocery store since Shop Easy closed. Valemount and VARDA are doing all the right things with sledding, Crystal Ridge sled assisted ski hill, the brewery and the new Mountain Bike Park which has been very successful at bringing visitors to town this summer. The Valemount Glacier Destination Resort would be the feather in the cap as lift assisted skiing is about the only thing Valemount and area does not have to offer visitors for outdoor recreation. Valemount will not likely become the new Whistler or Canmore as it does not have the close proximity to major urban centres as do Whistler and Canmore and that is probably a good thing. Valemount is still a great place to enjoy the outdoors in all four seasons and more bang for your buck compared to other similar places when it comes to purchasing real estate.

"And the getaway property I have right now is going to be on the doorstep of said resort and Im going be smashing chicks like burt reynolds after I cash out"
-Roy maxwell

Top Bottom