New quad

Bezzola

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My father in law rolled his 800 max at porkepine creek on the weekend it's a write off he wants to down size. All he does is trail ride and use it for hunting and fishing was looking at the 400 or 500 outlander does anybody have one that can comment good or bad

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Small SXS might be a better option........The size and weights of a 500 outlander VRS an 800 is very small.

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree, if the max it too much maybe he should look at a sxs. My max is the most stable quad I have ever ridden. And I have ridden most of them.

doorfx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Did he roll it on flat ground or over backwards on a hill?

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i rode quads up till last year, friggin arctic cat tried to kill me, sold that POS asap. Got a sids by side, won't be going back, to no quad. SxS are way more stable, have rollover protection and seat belt's, with a widerand longer platform, thus generally safer. Quads tend to throw you over and like to roll on top of you. for my money get the side by side, he'll like it. You will have to decide on a performance or more utility version. For me the utility end SxS beats a quad any day.:twocents:

Last edited:

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
He wants to down size and them honda are lite and bulletproof

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

Every one says that but every honda I been around has been junk! And he wants something safe so that leaves honda with those pos drum brakes out of the question lol. But everyone has there own opinion and that's just mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BIG DAWG

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
  • i rode quads up till last year, friggin arctic cat tried to kill me, sold that POS asap. Got a sids by side, won't be going back, to no quad. SxS are way more stable, have rollover protection and seat belt's, with a widerand longer platform, thus generally safer. Quads tend to throw you over and like to roll on top of you. for my money get the side by side, he'll like it. You will have to decide on a performance or more utility version. For me the utility end SxS beats a quad any day.:twocents:

Another positive with larry's sxs is it hides the famous azzcrack. Lol

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My father in law rolled his 800 max at porkepine creek on the weekend it's a write off he wants to down size. All he does is trail ride and use it for hunting and fishing was looking at the 400 or 500 outlander does anybody have one that can comment good or bad
I just got in from taking my 10 year old 400 Outlander for the first little ride of the year, turned over for a few seconds and fired right up after sitting all winter. if you're looking a for reliable, comfortable riding dependable machine the 400 outty has my vote. I'd put it against a honda any day of the week for reliability, feature wise it blows the honda clean out of the water.

mb1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My dad has a 400 max outty and it's surprisingly fun to ride. Easy steering too.

'12 T4

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My dad has a 400 max outty and it's surprisingly fun to ride. Easy steering too.

'12 T4
I took the mud tires off mine and put my stock bighorns on it from my commander, handles like a brand new machine. it feels like it has power steering it's so easy to turn.

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone with the 400 max's need one of these?
It's brand new. $100.00 or trade me for something.

Sorry to high jack thread but don't see many peeps with 400's

somethingnuw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I hear ya im not a fan ither but thats all u see in northern ab

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

ya... and lots on the res that run forever... what does that tell ya... they are made to take a **** kicking... nice machines and quite... if your a hunter its a great choice... i have never seen a honda that was junk... just saying... i've seen em abused to hell and still go on.... imhop for reliability no other machine can touch a honda

Top Bottom