new MAC computer comin home!!

OverBore

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It is like switching from a doo to an arctic cat you won't be disappointed!

That's funny. People who like Macs are generally women and gay males living in San Francisco. If a Mac appeals to you that is because all you do is surf the net and and do not need a machine with power. You probably use it only for useless reactional computing. Just like a cat, the mac has no power or appeal for real power users.

boydo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ouch!! im gonna go get frisky with my wife just in case thats contagious!!lol!! i sense a massive uproar comin!!

Dale C.

Reaction score
That's funny. People who like Macs are generally women and gay males living in San Francisco. If a Mac appeals to you that is because all you do is surf the net and and do not need a machine with power. You probably use it only for useless reactional computing. Just like a cat, the mac has no power or appeal for real power users.

What is it that you need this so called power for? Playing games?????
I seem to get along great with my Mac, doing much more than surfing the net.
Some of the things I personally like about it are:
Very user friendly.
It's not constantly updating it's operating system like another platform we all know.
Very few if any viruses.
It doesn't ask stupid questions like the last version of Windows did. "A program is attempting to access the internet- bla bla bla." Or when you launch a program "Did you attempt to run this program, if so, click continue"

Very stable o.s.

Most things people use there home computers for is included in the software that comes with it. (i-photo, i-movie, i-chat, etc.)

Time machine makes backing everything up sooooooo easy. I bought an external hard drive for this reason. Just plugged it in, time machine recognized it and asked me if I would like to use it for backing up with time machine (which I did), and it was done. No setup B.S. that would have come with any external hard drive hooked up to a PC.

I am neither a woman, gay, or from San Fran, but I love my I-Mac. :)

Good luck with the raw, unharnessed power of your PC (to play the latest Call of Duty, I'm sure):d

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score

If you like fighting viruses and trogans, with McAfee, Norton, etc. and having the hard drive spinning and updating like crazy with all the updates and scanning get a PC! Also, I don't have to pay my service provider any extra for firewall, virus protection, etc.

I'm not sure about the "generally women and gay males living in San Francisco" statement but maybe you might be a little ill informed?

The creativity on a Mac with regards to photos, videos, and documents, is sooo easy and the programming comes when you buy it; don't have to buy a bunch of extra programs!!

I just wish I'd have continued with Mac from the early 80's......

BC Sno-Ghost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I have to agree, there are a lot of gay males in San Francisco....sadly there are quite a few of them in BC too:d and I'm guessin you ride a Doo. As for the computer issue...I've had my Mac for a about 10 months and I will never own another PC. :beer:

Guest101

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Easy there red plate!! I use a mac because there are never any problems and I use a cat for the exact same reasons. When you ride 100 plus days a year it is nice to have something reliable that doesn't eat 2 or 3 belts a ride.

Steve D

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

That's too bad that this was posted so harshly like this. The original line goes like:

The worst part of owning a mac is telling your parents that you're gay.

That said, as someone who does tech support from time to time, I wholeheartedly recommend people who are computer illiterate to spend the extra few bucks and buy macs. That way when they come to me with stupid questions about the most trivial crap (and it happens, even with macs), I can tell them I don't know and they'll have to call apple's tech support. Hallelujah!

Image.37034.1.gif

Murminator

Timber King
Reaction score
If a Mac appeals to you that is because all you do is surf the net and and do not need a machine with power. You probably use it only for useless reactional computing.

Ummmmm yeah I don't want to come home and work on spread sheets, or word, and I'm older than 12 so I don't need to play video games....so yes this comment hit the nail on the head

Steve D

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Side note, trolling aside, why isn't this in the everything goes forum, why the snowmobile forum? Even the product review section wouldn't be far off... just a thought. It kind of stands out right here!

:twocents:

Top Bottom