new chevy 1/2 ton any body have one?

sirkdev

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am torn between the chev or a ford just wondering if anybody has any seat time in a new chev? I already know about ecoboost thanks.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
I am torn between the chev or a ford just wondering if anybody has any seat time in a new chev? I already know about ecoboost thanks.

Since the HD's were not going to available until some time into the New Year, I went with a Ford. I am a happy camper.

6.2l gas, Lariat with a few bells and whistles. The Ford Sync is nice and the only thing I miss is the OnStar and the phone. The BlueTooth and my Smart phone just don't stack up to OnStar!

I also miss the automatic volume control of the radio for the speed thing. I can run to Lethbridge and be down to 14.3 l/100 and that is good for an F350. My 2500HD wouldn't doo that.

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Since the HD's were not going to available until some time into the New Year, I went with a Ford. I am a happy camper.

6.2l gas, Lariat with a few bells and whistles. The Ford Sync is nice and the only thing I miss is the OnStar and the phone. The BlueTooth and my Smart phone just don't stack up to OnStar!

I also miss the automatic volume control of the radio for the speed thing. I can run to Lethbridge and be down to 14.3 l/100 and that is good for an F350. My 2500HD wouldn't doo that.
So what is your opinion, on the 1/2 ton's :confused:

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I thought he may get something educational from my experience. Whether it be half tons or bigger, there is still something to learn!

I see you didn't contribute dick all either.......:D
What would you like to know about my 2013 GM 1/2 ton, while my Ford 1 ton sits on the drive way.

I didn't contribute phuck all, until now. Because I didn't have anything to contribute :D

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Don't rule out the new dodge 1/2t until you drive one. So far I am loving my Longhorn. I like the chef and fords too but the ride in the dodge is pretty damn good. Hauls my 16' enclosed pretty good.

sirkdev

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Don't rule out the new dodge 1/2t until you drive one. So far I am loving my Longhorn. I like the chef and fords too but the ride in the dodge is pretty damn good. Hauls my 16' enclosed pretty good.

Dodge has some good things going on I agree, I just cant do it.....It would feel wrong.

sirkdev

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
sorry just to clarify I am looking for a truck for my wife, I already have a new superduty but we need something that can pull a 2 horse trailer when I am at work. So it will be 95% highway 5% towing.

dale+shan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hold on, Dodge has a diesel coming out very soon and Nissan has one in the works. It will be offered with the new body style.

john s

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would look at the new tundra

Sent from my iPhone while telling gay jokes with Phil Robinson

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Ya' guys, a 2014 new body style GMC or Chev 1/2 ton!

I sat in one and looked it over pretty close. The interior was great and I liked the dash better than the previous years. The instrumentation/layout was nice. I think the exterior will grow on a guy.

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
If I was to buy a 1/2 ton, I would seriously consider the Ram 1500 Diesel.

rsaint

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Bought the 2014 1500 GMC crew cab long box all terrain very nice pricy thou but worth it very quiet good power and the wife drives it every day to and from work. Running to Mayerthorpe and Whitecourt in auto 4x4 getting 14l per 100k per dash gauge. Drove a comparable ford and dodge and no comparisons in many ways. Mostly comfort and noise in cab and handling. The v8 power in Gm and dodge way smoother and quieter than Fords V6.

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No idea yet. They are bigger in the cab department. They seem to get great milage for a v8 but they are so electronically controlled the hp number is meaningless, the last gens 5.3a are fawking gutless but its for your wife so prob not a bad thing.

I switched from gm to ram so im going to push ram. I would grt the 6.2 or 5.0 over the eco boost. And ford would be my last choice in truck pics.

With the bad wrap fords getting in thefts wouldnt touch one. These tweekers are trying to steal the new ones too cause they are dumb.

Last edited:
Top Bottom