New career...what would you do?

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Gynecologist..... Pimp.... Big Brother Contestant.....

Safety..... everyone gets into safety after they become cranky and disgruntled.

Gynocolgist would be the worst! No young sexy girls with nice well taken care vaginas come to see you. It's all fat old ladies wanting you to figure out why there's that smell and discomfort going on! Picture it lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would become a Valemount sled bum. Revy sled bum position is already filled. Doesn't look like it pays well but has lots of fringe benefits.

Its a pretty good gig, but yeah doesn't pay much.

Stompin Tom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Male Gigolo, but I would give away to many freebee's, go broke.

Keith Brown

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Notice you are from B C.As Fernie Snow suggested education if you can afford. Pre employment programs are a very good investment. Having been involved in apprenticeship here and in B C. There are a number of heavy subsidized pre apprenticeship programs in B C. In Alberta a 3 month pre apprenticeship program costs over $5,000 in B C a 10 month program costs $1,200 with 1 day a week in the field working as a student with a company in the region you are training in. Much better investment all around in B C.
I have been recruiting out of the B C programs for several years now and I will tell you that this year ALL of the good students out of these programs got apprenticeship jobs in B C as the economy is doing very well in many places.

If you can not manage to take the time off to go to school I guarantee you there will always be openings for "green apprentices/helpers, industry requires a constant supply of cheap trade labour. The key to success in these trades is to make your self indispensable during the time you are apprenticing. Do that and you are making the excellent money in a few years. There also looks like there could soon be a number of large industrial projects in different parts of BC coming on line. These project offer incredible opportunities for a person who is motivated and wants to make a name for himself. Go where the work is and start knocking on doors and keep knocking on the same doors make a nuisance out of your self and you will get your opportunity. Nice thing about these type of jobs you don't need to put in years of service and kiss azz to get ahead just work hard and have a good attitude.

Last edited:

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well I've reached a point where I need a change (and better money) time to do some upgrading and move on!
I have been driving truck and running machinery for too long and now that i'm mid 30's I really don't want to wait any longer. Thinking pipefitting? Not much for apprenticeship guys out there though...
Anyone else in the same boat?

Strange place to ask a personal question like this. In all, only one person can make those decision but then i'm more old school and don't use internet forums in decision making unless its trivial and really doesn't matter the out come.

EDUCATION, something too many take for granted or feel they don't need it. Too many look at the dollar signs when they are young, with high paying jobs. But miss the boat when the job ends and their education is no better then when they first started, how many years that might have been.
Or grab easy and well paying jobs and find them selves in 10-15years down the line bored or tired of doing it day after day.

I always advise people when they are young, male or female. Let the government pay for your education and skill's....join the Armforces, do your time, choose your career and specialty and i almost guarantee you will never look at it as a regret.
I was in the forces for 10 years, the only regret i have was leaving. The training, education i got would cost the general population THOUSANDS. The life changing experiences i went through help mold who i am today and you cannot put on cost on it. Today the skill's i learnt are life time skills that i continue to use and have passed on to my family, how i relate with other's and how i work at my secular job are all effected by my past in the military.

I realize your too old to be a recruit, but education, is my point and is your best friend when it comes to improving your person. AND that will get you into a good long term job.

I alway's tell people, do something YOU LOVE DOING. Very important, this way you will NEVER ever work again in your life. Thus why coming on a forum for such advise doesnt work. To find your passion is for you to figure out, till then you can alway be a truck driver.
How you find your passion, by exploring the option's...education.
My 2cents, and you got it on the internet for what it is. Hope it helps.

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Im kind of in the same boat in a way. Im making a great living but I cant say I overly enjoy my job. My advice is figure out what you would enjoy doing every day and do what it takes to get there. Dont get into something just for the money. Life is too short.

Top Bottom