New career...what would you do?

tipper

Reaction score
Well I've reached a point where I need a change (and better money) time to do some upgrading and move on!
I have been driving truck and running machinery for too long and now that i'm mid 30's I really don't want to wait any longer. Thinking pipefitting? Not much for apprenticeship guys out there though...
Anyone else in the same boat?

tipper

Reaction score
Already tried the sled bum thing years ago lol

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not going to be easy to get into a trade and find work in these times unfortunately unless you have a good 'in' with someone. It seems so many good paying jobs require work away from home. I'd look into instrumentation.

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've been practicing as a full time clown, the pay is the craps, but nothing like being the king of the clown hat !

Times are tuff, so I work for next to nil at having something too do. EI is a waist of time along with waiting for work,,, so I work for food and gas funds too keep me going.

Done this in 1980, 85/86, 07/08 and now for 15/16 year. Sit at home and complain or keep busy working.

Pal Don at what works for me.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Just a thought................it never hurts to go back to school if one can afford to do so and fit school into ones lifestyle. Trade school, technical institute, and/or university.

Also, there is always a demand for fire fighters and police officers.

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would be a crane operator! I think being up in those high cranes would be awesome! At work I am the guy who always does the sketchy crane work!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

teamgreen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just a thought................it never hurts to go back to school if one can afford to do so and fit school into ones lifestyle. Trade school, technical institute, and/or university.

Also, there is always a demand for fire fighters and police officers.

Not a ton of Firefighter jobs out there right now. I would look at Calgary Police and RCMP.

08arcticcat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Optometrist is what id do, or a real estate lawyer. something that i wouldnt have to worry about boom and bust cycles.

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
I would run away and join the carnival in the summer and hang out in Valemount in the winter.

dale+shan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think I could make it as an international playboy. After all these years of trolling local hotspots, like Pigeon Lake and Wabamun, I could cruise the beaches of Monaco or Southern Europe.

Top Bottom