New Alberta Helmet Law

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
I feel bad for the Fire Dept Guys who have to see the results of a guy, gal or child who thought....naw, I don't need a brain bucket....and having to comfort the families that may be there or witness these accidents....so sad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PolarisHighlifter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The way I see it is they Invented things like helmets, Avy packs, Etc for a reason. If it wasn't important then it would exist......... these products are designed to help prevent the chances of death if something were to happen so why wouldn't would want to wear them?? if you have the money to buy the TOY you have the money to buy the gear. As for the AVY coarse I will admit it I wasn't going to take it but after a few talks with people and reading some storeis it made it super important to take no matter where you ride in the mountians. Just because you are riding in a SAFE area doesn't mean that nothing could happen. Plus I don't know about you but if i was close to a avalanche and seen it happen i would most likely go over to help/aid in the search for someone if needed and what good would i be if i didn't have any training?? you never know that extra person could mean the difference between someone living and someone parashing.

Last edited:

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We both know this law isn't for those that get it....it's for those they don't.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
yes i agree, just becomes a bit condescending, guess thinking for ourselves is out the window. i wear a helmet because it may protect my head. most do. as a bonus i guess you will be harder to identify with a helmet on when crossing water ways. looks like the law will get passed, argument is mute anyway.

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You can't fix stupid but we have too many laws already. Simple, green sticker on your licence plate means you paid $200 for insurance and you accept certain personal safety items such as a helmet. $1200 insurance charge and you get a red sticker on your plate and you don't have to wear a helmet. Should apply on the road too. It's between you and your insurance company who will have to pay for the 50 years of hospital care you will need with your brain damage. I can go shoeless too on my bike down the highway, should we have a law for that too?? Don't paint us into a bureaucratic corner that cost millions to administer.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You can't fix stupid but we have too many laws already. Simple, green sticker on your licence plate means you paid $200 for insurance and you accept certain personal safety items such as a helmet. $1200 insurance charge and you get a red sticker on your plate and you don't have to wear a helmet. Should apply on the road too. It's between you and your insurance company who will have to pay for the 50 years of hospital care you will need with your brain damage. I can go shoeless too on my bike down the highway, should we have a law for that too?? Don't paint us into a bureaucratic corner that cost millions to administer.
my feelings exactly.

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Some will remember when the seat belt law came into affect??
Me included , bitched and complained , but shortly it became habit to put it on.
Wear a brain bucket !!
More laws suck but more dumb people just don't get it.

Top Bottom