Never thought this would ever happen here

M1000CAT

Reaction score
Never in a million years did I ever think that a fellow sledders would even think of stealing parts from a sled that already looks like it needed help. I broke the front skid arm and couldn't drive it, didn't want to cause more damage. I pulled my skid out and left sled on trail at km6. Thinking my only problem was getting parts. I had to driver to mcbride and found out he had just changed the arm in need 3 days prior.I found the old broken one from the last guy. I cut it straightened and then welded it up. It worked to get my sled out. When I went back to sled on a rental from mcbride I found that my secondary clutch was stolen. I can't believe a sledders would do this.

rightsideup

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
this is unfortunate but the same thing happened to my friend in cold lake his tools were swiped as we went in to pull his sled to the road after he hit a rock. We actually saw the thieves as we unloaded the tow sled and they were driving brand new sleds so why would they need his tool kit.

ram_ltd

Reaction score
by any chance do you know what kind of sleds they where on, i no alot of people in cold lake may be able to find them
this is unfortunate but the same thing happened to my friend in cold lake his tools were swiped as we went in to pull his sled to the road after he hit a rock. We actually saw the thieves as we unloaded the tow sled and they were driving brand new sleds so why would they need his tool kit.

thegeneral

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the unfortunate thing is that someone probably did see it happening but dismissed it as someone wrenching on the trail. I guess maybe we should start taking pics whenever we see someone removing parts on the trail or hill.

RXN

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That bites man, same thing happened to a buddy of mine. what ever happened to "IF IT AIN'T YOURS, DON'T TOUCH IT"

BeachSled

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Man that sucks, sorry to hear this. Passed your sled this morning on the way up. Unreal that people would steel parts from a broken sled.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Never in a million years did I ever think that a fellow sledders would even think of stealing parts from a sled that already looks like it needed help. I broke the front skid arm and couldn't drive it, didn't want to cause more damage. I pulled my skid out and left sled on trail at km6. Thinking my only problem was getting parts. I had to driver to mcbride and found out he had just changed the arm in need 3 days prior.I found the old broken one from the last guy. I cut it straightened and then welded it up. It worked to get my sled out. When I went back to sled on a rental from mcbride I found that my secondary clutch was stolen. I can't believe a sledders would do this.

Are they a hot item or is it just the easiest thing to remove

BeachSled

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yep was with a group of 8, we went quite far back today. It was a good time today, to bad it was socked in today.

thekid1111

Reaction score

One of these times they will get caught and when they do there won't be many if any people up there that will say a thing about what you did with them. Sorry to hear about it. I was chatting with you today. Don't let a piece of ch!t bring you down.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk 2

thunder44

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That's about as low as you can get. Friggin theives. A couple of years ago a buddy bent an a arm up the Torpy (prince George) when he came back the next morning to get his sled someone had stripped the sled to nothing. All the plastic, his clutches seat anything they could carry out. Karma is a biotch.

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sad thing is that if the losers that stole your clutch were broke down on the hill, chances are that you would have given them a hand.

Pwdrh0r

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There was a sled in Clemina last year that was like that. Same scenario. Broke down and the choke, skid, hood, exhaust and clutches all gone. Like amazing. I would never do that because I wouldn't want it to happen to me

team-x

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Man that blows. Why would anyone in their right mind steal parts off someone elses sled. Its not something easy to carry around with you the rest of the day ether...and like others have said, I bet riders stopped to ask if they were ok and if they needed a hand at all and they straight up lied to their face and said they were fine. Too bad you didn't catch them and report them to the police for theft, vandalism, mischief, and what ever else you could charge them for. A beating would make you feel better but probably land you in the slammer and have them get off scott free knowing our justice system

Rjjtcross8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Stuff like this just makes a person sick to the stomach. It shows a lack of class. We need to take measures to reduce theft. One suggestion I have would be reporting what is left behind and by whom and when they will be returning. As sledders we must respect not only the trail but our fellow sledders and I'm sorry but if your the type to steal stuff, you don't deserve to enjoy the backcountry, there are thousands of sledders in these areas that have respect. Steal from one of us thousand users and you are gonna wish you never been on the hill that day!!

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the unfortunate thing is that someone probably did see it happening but dismissed it as someone wrenching on the trail. I guess maybe we should start taking pics whenever we see someone removing parts on the trail or hill.
If I saw six sleds, and five guys with one of them wrenching on a sled I would probably stop and ask what's up.

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
Good one,yep gotta start counting men and machines .Probly wouldn't have noticed that there were more sleds than people.Will def start paying attention.
If I saw six sleds, and five guys with one of them wrenching on a sled I would probably stop and ask what's up.

Top Bottom