need some xp clutch help

milton

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just got back from revi and was doing some routine shop maintanence on the sled and when iu pulled the clutch cover off i found this on both the primary and secondary clutches. These are pits and gouges in the clutches and no signs of anything broken off or reminents in the belly pan of any sort. Anybody have any ideas?

Attachments

• Picture 011.jpg
    Picture 011.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 180
  • Picture 012.jpg
    Picture 012.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 174

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Something went through 'er.....look for broken bolt heads or the like.

bhowes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
DITTO ON THE Y PIPE BOLTS MY 08 WAS CHIT FOR THAT .10 CENTS WORTH OF STAR WASHERS SOLVES THE PROBLEM
:d

milton

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
DITTO ON THE Y PIPE BOLTS MY 08 WAS CHIT FOR THAT .10 CENTS WORTH OF STAR WASHERS SOLVES THE PROBLEM
:d

just checked and all the y-pipe bolts are there. would something hang in there that long? these pits are all the way around both clutches, not just in one spot.

bhowes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Got a spare spark plug missing or the threaded top i've seen that happen too:(

bhowes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wow me too have you got e start ive seen the bottom bolts on those come out and bounce around as well

salbendidi

Reaction score
maybe some parts come out of your clutch..... i had my secondary belt deflection part fall out and smash the shat out of my primary. very odd though. i am curious to know!

bhowes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sorry milton saw the ring gear in your pic check the starter for a missing bolt hard to see so you might need a mirror and a flash lite good luck

milton

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
maybe some parts come out of your clutch..... i had my secondary belt deflection part fall out and smash the shat out of my primary. very odd though. i am curious to know!

no signs on the belt of anything stuck to the side. Dont have e-start:confused:

tukernater

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
any missing exhaust springs or set screw missing out of your pins?

Spector

Reaction score
doodoctor has a machine shop that will resurface them so it must be a common issue. Maybe contact him to see if he has some insight on the cause.

Home Page

finndoo

Reaction score
Take your belt off, open your secondary with the tool, now look down in between your secondary sheaves. You should see two #27 torx head bolts opposite one another, they hold your rollers in place. It could be that one of the heads broke off and went through your clutches. Or also check the rear left motor mount bolt, mine fell out and did the same thing to my clutches. Sorry for your bad luck.

Top Bottom