Need Some Help

Meetro

Reaction score
I have 2, 2008 Skidoo Mxz 500ss,

I was out this weekend and i just cant get them to run write, About 20 minutes in the ride they seem to loose power, like they are only running on one cylinder, i brought them back and cleaned the spark plugs (They were black) and took them for another ride and after 30 seconds or so the power kicked back in and they we running like they should, shut them off and later that day took them out and shortly after we started guess what loss of power again. when they have this loss of power they wont idle right either, keep stalling.

Not sure were too go with this one, anyone have any ideas, they only have about 400kms on them,

Thanks

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
were you in any deep powdery snow....perhaps your intake screens are plugging with snow?

Meetro

Reaction score
nope no deep snow at all, just on the trail,

about a week ago i had the injectors cleaned too casue they would not idle, and the mechanic said they were plugged up, i run number one gas all the time,

i will have to try the deicer

powderpilot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This sounds exactly like a problem I had when someone put diesel in my sled :(

It ran great for the first couple mins, until the fuel made it's way into the carb, then it would sputter and cough. Changed the plugs and they were black. Wouldn't idle, and would only run strong over 6,500 RPM.

Not saying this is your problem, just thought I would share, since it was a tough one to troubleshoot. Maybe you just need to replace your fuel?

Top Bottom