Need some help with these shims

cat9

Reaction score
first of all sled is a crossfire 700, I recently installed a used dd, and everything was good till I noticed my driven clutch "floats". I now realize I must have misplaced my shims that go between the dd and clutch. anyone know what size and how many of each I need? and where an I get them? untitled.jpg

DDrake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You should be able to go online and find the info you r lookin for. Try Babbitts online. They have most makes and models and they have good exploded views of the parts they sell giving a person a pretty good idea the order of placement of parts during teardown or during installation. Hope this helps and good luck.

cat9

Reaction score
thanks, do I need to align the clutches after? cuz I don't got a tool, or know how to do it

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Part #0648-443

You need either 3 or 4, don't remember for sure. Parts diagram only shows one though.

cat9

Reaction score
I found out the clutch isn't supposed to float, so should I just put enough shims/washers on to make it not float? or do I still need to check alignment?

TROLLCAT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I found out the clutch isn't supposed to float, so should I just put enough shims/washers on to make it not float? or do I still need to check alignment?

an alignment bar is cheaper than a belt or 2 or 3 , the shims set the alignment

sled_wrangler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A good cheap way to align them is get a piece of flat bar .. take the belt off put it between the secondary clutch plates and the middle of both clutched should line up center to center

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Top Bottom